Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Boat accepting a 700BB?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Boat accepting a 700BB?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 11:46 AM
xbleriot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat accepting a 700BB?

Hi,

What would be some boats that would accept a 700BB motor as an upgrade witj 12, 14 or 16 cells, and then a brushless why not later?
Traxxas Villain is fine, but it has 2 motors, and any upgrade means "x2" (or a lot more work to convert into 1 motor)
What other choice do I have?
And I want to keep it at a reasonable price

Thank you
Old 04-25-2008, 07:10 PM
n.h.schmidt

Default RE: Boat accepting a 700BB?

Hi
I have done this for a few boats. Probably the best of the lot would be a Graupner Electro Vee. Can still be had used sometimes on ebay.
They just got lucky on the hull bottom design. The boat can perform great at much higher speeds than what you would get with the original power. A good 700 and 12 good cells and you got a 30mph+ boat that can take the turns and hi seas.
n.h.schmidt
Old 04-26-2008, 04:31 PM
kahnen

If you can't find a E Vee or want a different style, theres www.bbyracing.com. Get a boat in the 26-30 inch range. You can buy just the hull and keep the cost pretty low or buy one at a number of different hardware stages.

Can also buy one from www.offshoreelectrics.com Most listed even recommend which motor and amount of battery. Just look for the ones for 700 size motors. These are fiberglass hulls so cost a bit more then the BBYracing ones.
Old 04-26-2008, 06:41 PM
xbleriot

And which hull would you suggest at bbyracing, and then what brushless motor + prop + number of cells would you suggest?
Thanks
Old 04-26-2008, 07:51 PM
kahnen

I thought you wanted a boat for a 700 motor? If your wondering for when you want to convert, get one with a KV range of 1500-1800. Batteries for both motors would be 12 cells(14.4v) or a 4s lipo(14.8v)
Props- well this is were you can tweak for performance but you could start with 42mm

Monos- the popular ones are the Oval master 26 and 29
Cats- Scat cat 26
Hydro- No idea really, not a hydro fan but they all look to do the job you want.