Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

SuperVee Prop Nirvana......

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

SuperVee Prop Nirvana......

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 06:46 AM
Ed1955

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SuperVee Prop Nirvana......

(Keep in mind that I'm certainly a noob and this information may have been shared in the past)
After trying a few different props on the SV27, I called Chris Fine and asked him what was the best prop for all around performance of a stock SuperVee 27 and he suggested the Octura berillium (sp?) X642, ballanced and sharpened. I tested with fairly new IB 4200 packs and will probably stick to them because they just plain work. Let me tell you that I simply can not imagine a better prop for the boat. I don't have a GPS and have only been running boats for about a week but this set up simply blew me away. Out of the hole the thing launches incredibly quick with less than 3 feet of mild cavitaion and then pops up on a plane and starts screaming. I had tried two other props, the stock plastic and a 2 blade 48 prop (unknown brand) and my experience had been that the stocker cavitates for about 10-15 feet to the point that you want to back off the throttle to keep it from just heating up the motor and then when it gets up on a plane it's very quick and handles the corners very well. The two blade plastic 48 is lightning quick off the line with practically zero cavitation but a noticable loss of top end speed. With less speed it handles the corners flat out but it's not the answer unless your drag racing for 50 feet. When I first put the X642 on the boat last night, within 20 seconds I new I had found the answer to pond domination against the other Vees in the neighborhood. What a fun hobby. I've been flying T-Rex 600 Electric helis for the last year and it's so relaxing to push a machine to it's limit without worrying about a $600 crash which happens quite often. I love the hobby!
Respectfully,
Ed
Old 05-06-2008, 11:03 PM
jeeprubicon2k3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SuperVee Prop Nirvana......

I ran a X642 for the first time this morning at around 8am on glass water with lipos[>:]. Its a great prop, a little slower then the 3 blades I think but man does it move water. When I put the prop on last night it tried to take some skin from my thumb, its that sharp. I used to fly a Rexi 450SE V1 but I sold it.