Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

DANVO Boats

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

DANVO Boats

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 12:01 PM
MIGMaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DANVO Boats

Hi Guys,

I have e-mailed these dudes 3 times with no response - I just wanted to check and see if anybody has dealt with them lately ?

I'd like to pick up one of their boats, but it doesn't look they are in operation any more.

Thanks !
Old 05-24-2008, 08:30 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: DANVO Boats

I don't know what's up with Danvo. The business was going for a long time then he got out of it then back in. He used to sell kits at the Toledo show. I remember back when he was just about begging people to buy them then a year later he sold a lot of them there. He had added some kits them dropped others.
It seems like somebody did buy his molds and started producing them for a short time. I'm thinking that it was Steve Hill.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:57 AM
bgordon
My Feedback: (3)

I got a ( Jan 22nd)response from Danvo Boats and he has PT 65 Kits....tried to reply to him via email and the mail was returned...Guess you have to call him by phone...does not appear to be a very good business practice...
Old 01-24-2009, 09:51 AM
n.h.schmidt

Hi
Danvo boats is mostly gone,as you already found out. I remember when Danvo gave out boat kits as prizes at the Batavia races. That was good times. I have a few of the boats and know of a few more.What were you looking for? You might get lucky.
n.h.schmidt
Old 01-24-2009, 10:59 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

You dug up an old thread. Danvo was in and out of the business twice that I know of so I wouldn't call it bad business practice. If you have any old RCBM magazines laying around, see how many outfits are no longer around. Although he had a good product at a very reasonable price, people just weren't buying enough to keep him (no pun intended) afloat.
The last that I knew, it seemed like Steve Hill got some of his molds.