Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

New videos of my Oldschool Boat Check it out.

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

New videos of my Oldschool Boat Check it out.

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 09:18 PM
jcplinux42008

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New videos of my Oldschool Boat Check it out.

Hey i have been on here countless times someone go look at my youtube videos and comment on them i want to know what i can do by looking at how it runs too improve its performance. Thank you and i realize my first videos on there i had some switch flipped on my camera and it was blurry. so here it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAzDEH5110w
and could someone maybe guesstimate on my speed there my packs are also fried in both the good videos , cheap packs+got wet+ sizzling when i bring them out of the water and its not taking long too charge them so i need new ins ok thats it Also a funny thing happened , when i did my little spins i got a lot of water in the radio and on the connections for the speed control and servo , anyways i lost it for about 30 minutes until a very nice gentleman helped me , he had a small fishing boat on a trailer and offered to go get it if i would help him put the boat in the water so i did and he helped me , its hard to find good samaritans around anymore , otherwise i would have been waiting for a long time , no breeze or wake in the small side lake and its not so small , its alot smaller than than the lake next to it for boat , but it was almost flooded over too the big lake in fact last week it was one lake so anyways that it i almost lost my floating 500+ dollars , and it has a leak that almost sank it too i usually bring it in and empty it every once in awhile ok later
Old 05-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Genettico

Default RE: New videos of my Oldschool Boat Check it out.

If I was to "guesstimate" I would say about 27mph! Sounds Like the batts were dying too fast on ya! What Type are they?? What motor do you have?
The boat runs good but it sounded like it was under load (RPMS TOO LOW) unless the Kv on motor is low or batts were dying!

genettico
Old 05-28-2008, 10:07 PM
jcplinux42008

you know whats funny about guesstimate it actually didn't give me a redline for spellcheck. Anyways i use a supervee27 motor and speed control combo , heatsink not water cooling on the speed control and water cooled motor , the load is from the huge prop i am using on subsurface drive , i need to get a new shaft and cut it and a new prop smaller pitch and diameter , i have chosen a couple probably start with an x637 , or x440 , probably the latter. The batteries are cheap they came in a two pack for 44.99 at Hobbytown , they have been soaked and they were sizzling after i got it back from its loss of power. 27mph you really think its that fast?? , if thats the case then if i prop down and get a new u-joint it should smoke across the water. I also have a rigged u-joint , i dirlled one out too fit the 5mm motor shaft the day i broke my reduction gear , i was angry wanted to run again and i did something that causes alot of binding well not alot but enough to be noticable , and of course that cause loss of HP , i did fix the leaky prop shaft though i greased it up enough it pushed it into the tube slow enough that only a smidgin of grease came off in the process , and now its nicely sealed up. I measured my current prop shaft and it is 7inches with no prop on it , the ones on OSE are 10" at the smallest , i can go with a longer shaft because my motor is hangin on by a thread to the lip for the reduction gear , so a longer shaft would let me have more room , and the graupner u-joint i use but can't find when i reorder it it has an extension in the middle too aloow more movement so when i get it all tuned i will get a good long video and hopefully get that leak fixed oh and so you know the batteries i think are peak performance power maxx with too x's haha cheap cheap cheap.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:46 AM
Quicksilver

runs nice, but after having my bubble burst when I gps'd my boat(33mph). I'd guess 20mph for ya....just imho.
She'll go faster when everything is worked out.
here's 33mph. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3I-_xuGESY you kind of see the best pass at about 1:00
Old 05-29-2008, 06:19 AM
SV27dayton

I'd agree. That's probably about 20. So much faster than when you started though! That's probably the fastest sub surface I've seen. Where are you running now? Did you see the coarse at Delco. I was up on monday, 5 bouys. I bet it's for sailing. I have a GPS if you want to get together at fraze some time and get a real number. Let me know.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:23 AM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd also guess around 20mph.

First thing I would do is be certain you have flotation in the hull. Also tape your hatch so no water enters.

Ryan
Old 05-29-2008, 10:36 AM
jcplinux42008

Yes yes i know the need for flotation belive me i know i have watched it sink to the bottom when i was little and had a guy with scuba gear go get it for us (that was the old equipment). I was guessing 20mph myself , but i am not dissaisfied with that , a little more tweaking and my runtime and speed should go up it is under a lot of load from the big prop. I wish i would have gotten a video of this when it was on its original equiptment , so you could see a comparison , it could never get on a plane before and almost flipped during every turn , and if you are watching it in oerson you can see it handles very well now with the turn fins and trim tabs , after i rasied the trim tams it is alot more loose on the water and doesnt burry the nose and drag its feet so to speak. I cant exactly find the source of the leak but i think it is between the two layers of the hull where the turn fins are installed i am going to do a sealing job very soon , because it takes in a lot of water but only when in motion and it isnt from the shaft tube either. When i get the parts i need to finish this boat i am going to take the entire hull apart and attach the trim tabs and turn fins from the inside and seal them up and also reglue the 20yr old hull it sounds like more work than i really think it maybe , becuase i can take all the electronics out of it in around 2 minutes and reinstall them so im thinking it will be on the bench for maybe 3 days while im working on it for this , but afterwards it should be fatser and more reliable , and since im only looking at around 50 bucks for parts it shouldnt be too long before i get them ordered.

And also Sv27dayton i am running now at Eastwood , i moved back in with my mom on third street on the eastside so its close., but it looks slower on a bigger lake haha , also if you watch the first video of direct drive on my youtube page i have 8 videos watch the second to newest one you can tell the battery packs are crappin out on me because it was running at higher RPMS in that one and going faster