Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Just Purchased: Aquacraft Rio EP

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Just Purchased: Aquacraft Rio EP

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 09:51 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just Purchased: Aquacraft Rio EP

ORIGINAL: CrazyE

Im going to order a new flex shaft but Im going to probably go brushed or at least stay at 2S. On a side note what do you think it would take to get this hull going? Its and old prather hull 31 in. X 9.5 in. It has seen better days but its still in decent condition. It has tons of room as you can see by the pics. I used to run an OPS 3.5cc in it and this hull is awesome in rough water.
2s on the VXL Rio ep is plenty
and for the Prather, what are your goals with it?
Old 04-06-2010, 03:28 PM
CrazyE

sorry been busy with work and Easter. Since its a bigger hull Id like to get to around 30. Would be using it at the lake and small ponds. Thanks
Old 04-06-2010, 05:20 PM
srt10

most any XL motor on 4s would do the trick..
like a 9XL or 10XL on 4s.. a 8XL would really move with the right prop
but a 9or10XL would be very nice
Old 05-09-2010, 09:34 AM
Stinger9d9

ORIGINAL: Vanguo88

I have a Rio-EP that set up with brushless and a 3S/5000mah/35C Lipo battery.
The boat is too light and keep having torque from the prop and keep running tilted to one side, if too much throttle, the boat would
turn like a cork screw and flip over on straight.

I was not been able to get above 25 mph due to the instability of the hull, which tends to running in a tilted position.
(the speed is GPS logged). To counter balance the torque from the prop, the battery is placed along the left side of
the hull (looking from the back). If the battery is placed in the same spot as the std. boat, it will flip in no time upon
pushing the throttle.

Any idea anyone ?
Is the problem with this boat that the hull itself is too narrow? I`ve been thinking for a while that the newer AQ hulls are made narrow on purpose to allow them to fit in a certain size box - which then allows a certain number of boxes into a case, then shipping container from China and so on.

It always seamed that the SV27 had a similar problem (rolling in general - if you`ve ever flipped a Supervee, you know what I mean).

I have had really good luck with my surface drive AQ Hammer (which is a hull design that is from way back during the GP Marine days). It never rolls even with a brushless motor pushing it up to 40mph.

I was thinking about one of these Rio EPs but if the hull is too narrow, I just couldn`t fix that.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:49 AM
srt10

But then again their are many on youtube that don't have the roll issue, also I've never had that issue with any of my SV's
and I am getting close to 50mph with one right now