Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

rx tx

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 06:45 PM
ryanwilson277

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rx tx

http://hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store...z_2Ch_Tx_&_Rx_ does this need a seprate batt for the reciver or does it have built in bec

another question, if i get this rx tx set will i have to recalibrate my sv27 esc for the throttle range, if so how do i do this?
Old 08-11-2010, 01:31 PM
785boats

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: rx tx

Ryan.
It's the Speed controller that has the BEC, not the Rx. If your ESC has built in BEC then they work just fine. I assume it's the standard SV27 ESC.
To set throttle range you just start up the same way that you do now with your current radio.
Plug in... wait for beeps
Squeese trigger to full throttle...wait for beeps
Release trigger...wait for confirmation beeps.
Good to go.
Cheers.
Paul.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:56 AM
ryanwilson277

thank you
Old 08-12-2010, 11:19 PM
wizard122

Stay away from that radio unless you don't mind a run away boat not a good choice use this one instead http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXWPW0&P=0
Old 08-13-2010, 08:57 AM
ryanwilson277

Thanks you had that tx and rx and it ran away? Also the tactic is alot more expensive
Old 08-13-2010, 11:15 AM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The last item I would cheap out on is being the radio. The radio is the only means between your boat and you when it is running.

Spend the most amount of money your budget will allow. Buy as many features as your budget will allow. A radio should last you for several years. It should be a single purchase only for all of your surface vehicles.

I purchased a Futaba 3PM FM in 2005 or 2006. I still own it and it has operated all of my surface vehicles. Own around 10 receivers for it. Features and function are excellent. Perhaps soon I may have to venture in to the 2.4GHz world and version.

Ryan
Old 08-13-2010, 02:16 PM
785boats

Wizzard.
I take it you've had a bad experience with that radio?
I run 5 boats off one of those radios & there are at least 5 other people with sets in our club. No one has had any issues with them yet.
Yes they are cheap & don't have any of the features of the more expensive sets, but they are OK in my book.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Paul.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:00 PM
dmoesch

Yeah,I have to chime in here....a radio is really a radio as far asRELIABILITY.They are very low failure devices to be honest, regardless of brand etc.
Yes, there are feature sets that are very different, but the coretechnology of radio to receiver here is VERYsimple.
Tthat is a reliable radio for that price. Ihaven't seen one fail yet!!! Nor have Iheard of one.
Look at the reviews some time.....

Your not going to lose your boat as suggested.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:43 PM
SV27dayton

I have a hytek 3CH FM radio and reciever. Where can I go to buy more recievers that will work for this system. Should I stick with hytek or can I cross brands and still expect good performance?
Old 08-16-2010, 02:58 PM
asupervee72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have that 20 dollar radio, mine worked perfectly fine until the esc blew up and partially melted it. Strange thing is channel 1 still works and i can get servo to make a noise when i plug it into channel 2 but no other response. Any ideas on that? like i said it worked well until it melted though, well just the case melted, the acutal chip looks just fine.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:19 PM
785boats

AV27. I'm not sure about crossing brands of receivers with other brands of Tx .

asupervee72.
Just buy some more receivers. They are only 7 bucks each. Put one in each boat & they'll all work off the one TX
[link]http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=10625&Product_Name=Hobby_King_GT-2__2.4Ghz_Receiver_3Ch_[/link]
Cheers.
Paul.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:29 PM
coriolan

ORIGINAL: SV27dayton

I have a hytek 3CH FM radio and reciever. Where can I go to buy more recievers that will work for this system. Should I stick with hytek or can I cross brands and still expect good performance?
Hitec FM radios work just fine with any FM Rx with negative shift(Futaba,Hitec)or auto-shift type. They don't work with JR/Airtronic FM. You can get FM Rx on 75Mhz from Cermark:
http://www.cermark.com/categories/Ra...tem/Rx/Ground/
Just got two of them for my Agressor CRX