Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Need opinion on used rc boat

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Need opinion on used rc boat

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 09:31 AM
xoibsurferx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need opinion on used rc boat

I'm in the market for a used gas rc boat. I found one locally on craigslist for $350. It has a 30cc weed eater engine (looks like a homelite) and it has a water cooled head and all on it but no water pump.

If I get it I want to add a tuned pipe to it. How hard would it be to do? Also where would I get one that fits?

It comes rtr with the stand and everything.

Here's the ad on craigslist.

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/for/2972682883.html

Let me know if its any decent before I buy it!
Old 04-22-2012, 12:19 PM
Nightow1
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Need opinion on used rc boat

JMHO, but I would stear clear of it. for a few hundred more you could get a much better boat.
take a look at this for just a few hundred more you could get the engine and have a great like new boat.

http://www.jrcbd.com/showthread.php?t=62130

ORTHIS

a nice clean little boat right here on RCU

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=838214

But just MO. Good luck

Old 04-22-2012, 01:22 PM
xoibsurferx

Thanks for the reply! The scorpion would be nice but I know shipping will be a $100-$200 so it would be more than what its listed as.

The boat on craigslist may be a good start and I'll at least go look at it since its local.

Is there anything I should be looking for specifically? The guy says the engine has a clutch, no waterpump (I'm sure I could add one easily), comes with radio/receiver and is rtr, and it starts and runs great, and all servo's and everything work as they should.

One thing I immediately want to do with it is to add a tuned pipe. Is it really hard to find one that will fit this engine?
Old 04-22-2012, 02:13 PM
Nightow1
My Feedback: (4)

I would just be cautious. I have made the mistake before of going used, and from the looks in the pix it could use some work. I would see it run in water before I bought it.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:36 PM
animalnut

If your looking for a boat I live within a couple hours of you and am selling my rio51z it has been ran for about a half gallon or so it has a zenoah marine engine a jr sx3 radio with metal geared servos upgraded muffler, upgraded mounts, a rechargeable battery pack for the boat with a battery meter a balanced 3 blade grim racer prop split s.s. trimtabs and an offset rudder. If your interested let me know if you want we can meet up and you can play with it first it's pretty fun seeing as I live on the bay!
Old 04-22-2012, 03:44 PM

Bit over priced and looks to need work (no radio box). I just sold a nicereal Carbon Fiber 46" RTRboat with a aircooledengine for $400.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16612.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	1753745