Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

dumas miller america and a zen g26?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

dumas miller america and a zen g26?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 11:01 AM
rotccapt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dumas miller america and a zen g26?

hi all i just found out that the hydroplane boat that i aquired for free is a dumas miller american 42 inch boat. i am preaty much a noob when it comes to gas boats but i have been running gas planes for a couple years now all the way up to 100cc.

so with this being my first boat i was wondering if a zenoah g26 air engine could be used for this boat. from what i have found this boat needs a .67 glow ening so as far as power goes i am right in the ball park with the zen g26. currently the zen is converted to electronic ignition but i could convert it back to mag if needed also my plan is to convert the head to water cooling.

now i am not looking to set any speed records just trying to use what i have on hand to get this boat running. so is a zen g26 too much for this boat?
Old 05-13-2012, 05:34 PM

Default RE: dumas miller america and a zen g26?

In my .02 your biggest problem will be how tall the Zen is to the top of the spark plug. If I remember these Hydros are really shallow in the engine bay so you would need a super tall cowling to cover it. If you want to keep it scale looking it will be off looking.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:42 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Rccapt, see my post in your thread in the nitro forum and you will see why I say to not waste your time or cash
Old 05-14-2012, 04:51 AM
rotccapt

my main reason for wanting to do it is i hate glow i have done it for years with my planes and glow is expensive. also i already have the zenoah from a past project. so if i can shoe horn it in i will be saving money becasue i will not need to buy a new engine. my other though was a dle 20 it would require lots of mods to make it work but it can be done. also since i am not realy a big boater or wanting to race or compeat a slightly unscale look it not a big deal.