Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Shockwave 55 gel coat and repaint??

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Shockwave 55 gel coat and repaint??

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 04:48 AM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Shockwave 55 gel coat and repaint??

The Shockwave I had,had aluminum rails that were probably more than 5" and the engine was mounted on another piece of aluminum.T-bar's were made for 5" rails so if you do find one it probably won't fit, unless you add spacers on each side.Another thing is that if your boat is an original Shockwave with the tank mounted where it is in the picture below,there wouldn't be room for a T bar and be able to grease it.One option would be to eliminate the hard tank and use an IV bag which could be mounted elsewhere. I marked the brass tube where I wanted to mount the grease fitting and filled a small flat on the tube for the drill to get a place to start and drilled a 1/8" hole.The only T bars I found were on Ebay ,but those used an oil cup to use oil instead of grease.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86972.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	1783831   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu66104.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	1783832  
Old 07-20-2012, 08:28 AM
wilsonreef

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If FedEx says it wasn't insured, and the shipper says it was, have the shipper fax you a copy of the original invoice.  He should have it.  That will tell all.

Carl
Old 07-21-2012, 05:45 AM
EuroXS4

I have talked to fedex they said they sent out a payment via mail.So we will see when I get it.I dont know the exact amount but im hoping it at least enough to cover the damage on the boat so it could be fixed properly.Tidnab.I have the same exact mounts and all.Perhaps i can get a t bar made that will fit.The original gas tank is damaged as is and chances are i will get a ivy bag.or have another tank made and mouted differently to give me some more room.As far as the tbars on ebay i've read that alot of the oiler ones can be modified and have a grease fitting installed instead of the cylinder with the oil in it.Well see.I will measure today and see if i can get one made possibly.Or see if there is a off shelf unit i can use to adapt.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:16 PM
EuroXS4

Ok well I officially need to get rid of this boat.I have it listed in the market place.Willing to take 225 picked up in northern nj thats my absolute lowest the boat is worth more than that just in parts.But I need it gone.Thank guys.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:56 AM
rio 51 racer

Ill do 225 plus shipping