Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

my new aeromarine cyclone cat

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

my new aeromarine cyclone cat

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 08:10 AM
bonezsz90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my new aeromarine cyclone cat

hey I just won a bid on a aeromarine cyclone cat, I know it doesn't cone with a clutch or waterpump, but can they be added? did I get a good deal or is the motor too small for this boat it has a 23cc zeno here'sthe link. its my first rc boat just to learn on.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/271432293634?varId&txnId
Old 03-29-2014, 10:11 AM
Redstar1275

Nice boat, I'm new too. I'm just running for fun so, I'm gonna use a clutch.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:42 AM
bonezsz90

yea I was going to use a clutch to I'm new but I will try it unclutched if I dont like it ill try and add a clutch but it should be fine without one.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:54 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

More hassle than they're worth. Extra weight and one more thing to go wrong. In that Cat it might not fit without some serious work. Just be careful when starting and launching. Respect the prop.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:25 PM
bonezsz90

OK thanks ron. I will try LOL
Old 03-29-2014, 02:18 PM
Redstar1275

Respect for the prop is part of the reason I'm gonna use a clutch. And I like the idea of being able to sit and idle.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:09 PM
Hydro51

Originally Posted by Ron Olson
More hassle than they're worth. Extra weight and one more thing to go wrong. In that Cat it might not fit without some serious work. Just be careful when starting and launching. Respect the prop.
I 2nd that, if you want to go fast, keep it as light as possible and simple to work on. Respecting the prop is a common sense thing.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:13 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hardly anyone uses a clutch in a cat mostly because they wont fit as Ron said,personally i dont run clutches on anything as i dont spend time idling i just launch and give em wot.Clutches have there uses for say very large boats but anything of average size theyre not needed,as Ron says respect the prop and you will be fine.You can also make a prop guard for your boat stand to stop anyone including you getting in contact with the prop while starting etc.
Mart
Old 03-30-2014, 05:58 AM
bonezsz90

I'll make sure the wheel is clear in startup don't want and stitches before the things in the water LOL. I have so many places to ride within 10minutes of my house idk which pond I wanna to to first haha. the wait is killing me, thanks for everyone's help, it sure doesn't look like a clutch will fit in it anyways. once it gets here image do a good lookover hopefully its as he said.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:25 AM
Hydro51

Originally Posted by bonezsz90
I'll make sure the wheel is clear in startup don't want and stitches before the things in the water LOL. I have so many places to ride within 10minutes of my house idk which pond I wanna to to first haha. the wait is killing me, thanks for everyone's help, it sure doesn't look like a clutch will fit in it anyways. once it gets here image do a good lookover hopefully its as he said.
A good once over to make sure every nut and bolt is tight is a good idea and it also wouldn't hurt to check the carbs diaphragms to make sure there not brittle or cracked. Depending on how long it's been sitting.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:39 PM
bonezsz90

ahh true Thais for bringing it up I'll remember to do that too.