Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

My New (to me) Enforcer Super Sport!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

My New (to me) Enforcer Super Sport!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 07:50 PM
EricG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My New (to me) Enforcer Super Sport!!!

So I bought an eBay boat for $500. All in all it looks pretty good, but it needs a complete new radio and servos. I haven't fired the engine up yet but compression feels good when I pull on the rope. It has a few stress cracks but nothing serious. I cleaned it up a little and the hull really shines!! I'm not sure which engine it is but it has a wet tuned pipe. I'm pretty excited as this is my first gas boat! Can anyone identify what year this is by the serial number? The serial is: RTRSSTY1270002
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3675.JPG
Views:	1145
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	2141006   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3677.JPG
Views:	1562
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	2141007   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3678.JPG
Views:	1351
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	2141008   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3679.JPG
Views:	1821
Size:	2.20 MB
ID:	2141009  
Old 01-11-2016, 11:20 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You might want to pull the plug to check in side her for moisture or corrosion. Looks like she has been run in salt which is pretty unforgiving if the motor has been dunked and not flushed/refired after.
Motor is a homelite - not sure if they used 25cc or the 30cc homelite (or both). They switched to using only zenoahs about a decade ago if that gives any indication as to her age. I am not sure how to read the serial number but would not be surprised if it were in the 15 years old range. Not an issue as these boats age well and she will probably be worth around what you paid in another decade.
The Super G is a great boat that is very solidly built and will take some punishment and chop. It was never meant to break speed records and with a homelite it will not - but it will be a great sport boat. I have two of these with air cooled zenoahs and they are among my favorite boats. Believe they are made by Bonzi Sports now.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:29 PM
EricG

Thanks for the reply!! I was wanting to swap a modded zen in it but didn't know how much modification I would have to do or if a zen would bolt up to the mounts? I feel good about the purchase, especially now! Oh and it even came with the engine cover! Thanks again for the information!!
Old 01-12-2016, 01:24 PM
EricG

Oh also, the radio system and servos are shot so I'm going with new ones. I noticed the rudder servo is larger than the throttle. Does anyone know which servos are the same size that will just drop in? I was thinking of going with a 2.4 ghz radio as I was hearing these are the latest and greatest. Thanks!
Old 01-12-2016, 03:39 PM
SS RC Boats

Originally Posted by EricG
Oh also, the radio system and servos are shot so I'm going with new ones. I noticed the rudder servo is larger than the throttle. Does anyone know which servos are the same size that will just drop in? I was thinking of going with a 2.4 ghz radio as I was hearing these are the latest and greatest. Thanks!
Sounds like you have a 1/4 scale servo for your steering and a standard size servo for your throttle. Take servos out,search for same brand and model and set the new ones in place. Can you take some pics of servos? Yes the Futaba 3PM-X 2.4GHz FASST systems are nice radios.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:38 PM
EricG

Thanks for the reply! 1/4 scale is the term I was looking for, thanks! Is standard size 1/8th? I'll pull the servos when I get home