Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Auto pulse water pump from walbro

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Auto pulse water pump from walbro

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 06:54 PM
Michael.foster42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto pulse water pump from walbro

Can anyone tell me how to hook this up properly and test it
Old 06-14-2017, 07:04 AM
4-Play

A piece of fuel line from the carb isolator block to the pump....water line coming from the water pick up to the inlet marked "in" on the pump....water line from the outlet marked "out" on the pump goes to either to the head cooling and from there to the exhaust or out the side of the boat. you should see water coming out the side of the boat at idle...or if it is hooked up to a wet exhaust, you should see water coming out the exhaust. To make sure the pump is working, hook everything up, but don't connect the outlet to the top end of the engine...just have the outlet hose disconnected. Fire up the bout. u should immediately see water coming out the outlet hose. To do this I use a 5 gallon bucket, a piece of water line connected to my water pickup on the transom, and weighted down in the 5 gallon bucket of water. If the pump is not working, you can get a water pump rebuild kit.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:44 AM
danielplace

First to find the in and out blow through the fittings and the one you find that when you blow through it comes out another nipple. Then the inlet is the one you were blowing in and the outlet is the one it was coming out of. The other one left over is of course your pulse port.
You have to have a fitting in the top or side of the intake going right into the main bore of the intake. Do not put it in the bottom and intersect the pulse passage that goes to the carb.
The top has another pulse passage just like the bottom but it is not doing anything it is just so there is no top or bottom and it can go on either way but try to go a little off center of that pulse passage also and right down into the main more.
You should use a hard wall tubing as just plain tygon fuel line is too soft and some of the pulse will diminished because of the tubing wall collapse on the suction part of the pulse.