Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Fast and stylish

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Fast and stylish

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2021, 04:30 PM
Gibbo03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fast and stylish

I’m in the market for a nice reliable fast gas powered boat, I love the Pro Boat Zelos 48 inch gas powered boat, and are happy to look at something similar if recommended. how ever it must be gas powered it’s in my blood as it would be a lot of you. What is everyone’s thoughts on this and if you have had one is there any problems. I live in Australia so may need to be something that is available here or able to be shipped across.
thanks for all your help in advance
Old 01-20-2021, 02:35 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome Gibbo!!

If you are where I think you are in Victoria you might want to reach out to Tony Grinter at Hobbysupplies.com.au. Believe he is in Croydon Hills. He has been in the hobby decades and his hobby shop prices are so good I shop there from the US.

While I dont know if he has anything Ready to Run he is very active with the local clubs and boaters. He should be able to start you off on the right foot. Even if you never end up racing - it might be fun to check out plus you may find other local boaters who may help you with a much easier/safer learning curve.
Old 01-20-2021, 03:35 AM
Gibbo03

Yes Victoria it is thanks so much for the reply someone over seas has to tell me about someone less than 500km away from me I’m glad you have though I will email him now and see what I can work out with him thanks again Justaddwata will let you know results
Old 01-20-2021, 11:13 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

No problem at all. I was hoping he was closer. He should still be able to point you in the right direction I should think. As mentioned - good to connect with local boaters - the hobby can be surprisingly unsafe on your own and I cant say I have met an RC Boater I didn't like!!

If you are on FB there is also the Racing Model Boat club of Victoria - https://www.facebook.com/groups/407050622739625/ as well as a few other reasonably active groups in other parts of OZ and around the world.

Indeed let us know how you make out or if you have any other questions. While I have yet to run a Pro Boat Zelos I have run my share!
Old 01-21-2021, 04:19 PM
Gibbo03

Ok so after some advise from Justaddwata I contacted a local dealer and decided on the boat I’m going to get I was considering a catamaran at first but have now decided to go a Delta Force 49inch mono hull running a Zenoah G300PUM with spektrum radio gear if any one wants to add anything to my purchase to make my boat more enjoyable or a better boat please let me know 👍