Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Waterproof connectors.

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Waterproof connectors.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2024, 10:55 AM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Waterproof connectors.

I assume that most electric boats have their electronics within a sealed bay but what I wish to learn is whether or not people use waterproof connectors for their batteries and if so, which brand and where found. Thank you in advance.
Old 02-13-2024, 03:18 PM
Outrider6
My Feedback: (2)

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Invent such an item, that is compact, lightweight, easy to use, and maybe even somewhat affordable., and you can become a gazillionaire!

Joking aside, I wish there was such a thing, because I sure could use it on the electric airboat I will be building soon. I haven't found any, just like I haven't found a good way to put a very low profile (for prop clearance) waterproof hatch on a boat that doesn't involve screws. Kinda quite difficult to securely glue Tupperware type plastic.
Old 02-13-2024, 06:19 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

I've never seen anything that claimed to be waterproof to actually be waterproof. If water's involved, it will get in.
With that said, many use Dean's Bullet connectors and set them up so that they are hard to connect incorrectly and then seal everything under a clear plastic or lexan cover that's taped down
Old 02-14-2024, 03:55 PM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Thank you guys. A friend is developing and performing trials on a newly designed ducted fan type impeller driven surfboard. He has found many connectors that are automotive and claim to be waterproof. He asked me if was aware of what actually works the best and I replied, I shall ask the RC boat guys.

Your comments were all appreciated.