Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

SHOW US YOUR GAS BOATS!

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

SHOW US YOUR GAS BOATS!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 04:00 AM
venom05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SHOW US YOUR GAS BOATS!

Hi mate

yep its a everingham, based on a 21ft ski race hull , got it from a dude in vic. first time in the water yesterday.... run very very well handled great.... very very happy with it. but lost a prop yesterday and today a mates prop and half of the drive shaft today... owell just fix it and go again. I used to have a 16ft flat bottom everingham ski race boat myself few years ago.

This boat sorta got pushed in front of the GTX... so am getting on to it very soon.

Thanks
Todd
Old 10-04-2009, 04:25 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha only 97 kmh Tony is that all .
Mart
Old 10-04-2009, 06:29 AM
viperhulls

Hi Mart, that's right, only 97km/hr.[>:] I have to upgrade to a 3/8 flex shaft and collet as it brakes the 5/16 cable, motor is putting out 20 horse power and it pulls the 101mm Andy Brown prop that he specialy designed for these engines. Can't wait to get it going properly and at peak rpm of 18 000. Standard they only rev to 13800. I will see if I can get it sorted with the new shaft by next weekend.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:06 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look forward to seeing that thing when you can get to use all that power Tony .
Mart
Old 10-04-2009, 07:21 AM
venom05

Here is a video of the first run .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNcGpzJAX6M

Hope you all like it ..
Old 10-04-2009, 10:53 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: venom05

Here is a video of the first run .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNcGpzJAX6M

Hope you all like it ..
Looks great Todd. Keep the clips coming
Old 10-04-2009, 03:04 PM
venom05

Hi all
here is a vid of my mates boat. it's first run as well same day as mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jHy6tygV7c
Todd
Old 10-04-2009, 04:11 PM
magnum57

Crappy phone vid of my fresh mantaray with stock Zen motor + Striped bass. I love this hobby. When boating is over the fishing begins...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bij40pLJsGc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jeiaMeAYgE
Old 10-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Dartman1074

My I-box
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43598.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	1288421   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83597.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	1288422  
Old 10-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Raylon

ORIGINAL: Dartman1074

My I-box
That is one heck of a flake paint job! Love it! Must be super bright watching that thing go around!
Old 10-05-2009, 10:01 AM
magnum57

Dartman that paint is like a mirror. Awesome.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Dartman1074

Thanks! I havent had it in the water yet though. Still finishing up a few things. I am ready to get this thing wet!
Old 10-05-2009, 11:54 PM
gtdad

ORIGINAL: dadyo39

Here is the latest build it for my two daughters. Its Pink Hurricane all speedmaster hardware midwest full mod g230 bonzi clutch hitec servos [img][/img]
you say "midwest" 23cc? is this a putty motor?

Old 10-06-2009, 04:53 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: gtdad

ORIGINAL: dadyo39

Here is the latest build it for my two daughters. Its Pink Hurricane all speedmaster hardware midwest full mod g230 bonzi clutch hitec servos [img][/img]
you say ''midwest'' 23cc? is this a putty motor?

The post by dadyo39 is over 3 years old so he may not see it to respond (you may want to PM him direct).

Looking at the picture I would have to say that the motor does not look like the Putty motors I have seen in the past - As the fins on the back of the motors I have seen have been completely filled to thicken/strengthen the rear port.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:51 AM
benckie

heres my bonzi sports 50 inch bonzi with bzx2 moded g260pum.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:35 AM
magnum57

Love the Bonzi products. great customer service. very clean. very cool water jacket. with the mod motor i'll bet its like a missle on H2o. This 84" is one of Bonzi's creations. Awesome Boat.

Name:	Pn35244.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	1289433   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy79184.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	1289434  
Old 10-06-2009, 09:51 AM
benckie

ORIGINAL: magnum57

Love the Bonzi products. great customer service. very clean. very cool water jacket. with the mod motor i'll bet its like a missle on H2o.
beatiful boat

bonzi have bneen a little queit on the emails from me i think they are buzzy im waitnto here back from them about a new rudder shipped to australia

im still learning gas boats this is my first if hit 50.77 mph and close to befor, but i changes settingsto try a new prop and have been getting constant 43 and 44 mph on bonzis factory carbrun incarb settings, i have not tuned the motor yet.

im sure with a good set up and a decnet prop and a well tuned motor 50 + mph is not out of reach, but i do need to bule print the hulls ride pad
Old 10-06-2009, 10:17 PM
magnum57

Wow. I have never had a communication problem with Bonzi. They will get back to you. You might be right very buisy. Ur boat at 50mph will be like a missile on the water. Hope you have a good control system. How is you're stuffing tube as far as leaking?
Old 10-06-2009, 11:09 PM
benckie

Wow. I have never had a communication problem with Bonzi. They will get back to you. You might be right very buisy. Ur boat at 50mph will be like a missile on the water. Hope you have a good control system. How is you're stuffing tube as far as leaking?

bonzi must of been bussy i have not heard fromt hem for a couple of weeks, but i stayed up to 3 am western australian time last night to orgainze a cheaper shipping for a new rudder, and i was able to save $40 aud on shipping.

the stuffing tube good no leaking i grease the hell out of it befor every run and remove it after every run, but ive had water leaks into the pipe and into the hull for the exhaust coupling, no matter what i did i couldnt stop it, so i used hi temp rtv gaskit goo and that stoped the leak into the pipe, but i still get a slight leak into the hull.

ive had my tiny tach freeze after 4 hours of use it no longer works nothing works on it any more, not bonzi fault but still waiting to here back aboutt he tiny tach to see witch way to go.

the hull also needs to be blue printed as it has to long high spots ont he ride pade, where the engien rails are, so this needs to be corrected, i have not got around to it yet, and im a little disapointed in this, i might get around to it while waiting for the rudder around 2 weeks i think in shipping time.

i have also asked bonzi about installing there race pipe on my quiet pipe, they no im not working right now and moneys a bit tight but i have i will have work shortly, now since the bonzi queit pipe can be unscrewed and changed to a bonzi race pipe but the race pipe is 1 inch longer, i have asked what do i need to do to run the race pipe, as going by info on there website, the header is the right lenght, so it looks like just more of the pipe will stick out the back but i just wanted to confirm this with bonzi, still waiting to here back from them about this.

apart from the hull needing blue printing, the leaky pipe and the tiny tach kicking the bucket im happy the boat has potential, looks great is well made great atention to detail and the motor is soild runs great and its a easy starter with the 813 carb.

its a beatiful boat, great atention to detail in 4 hours of running 7 or 8 short runs at the lake nothing has come loose or fallen off, but with a air vent drille din the left side of the wind sheild it needs a difuser on the carb.

all in all my first gass boat im having fun and my wife and duaghter have enjoyed the boat also as its more of a faimly thing then my large scale off raod trucks and buggies
Old 10-06-2009, 11:13 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: omra

Here is a few of my boats.
omra, what is your favorite boat in the second picture?

thanks
Old 10-06-2009, 11:24 PM
gtdad

ORIGINAL: benckie

bonzi must of been bussy i have not heard fromt hem for a couple of weeks, but i stayed up to 3 am western australian time last night to orgainze a cheaper shipping for a new rudder, and i was able to save $40 aud on shipping.

the stuffing tube good no leaking i grease the hell out of it befor every run and remove it after every run, but ive had water leaks into the pipe and into the hull for the exhaust coupling, no matter what i did i couldnt stop it, so i used hi temp rtv gaskit goo and that stoped the leak into the pipe, but i still get a slight leak into the hull.

ive had my tiny tach freeze after 4 hours of use it no longer works nothing works on it any more, not bonzi fault but still waiting to here back aboutt he tiny tach to see witch way to go.

the hull also needs to be blue printed as it has to long high spots ont he ride pade, where the engien rails are, so this needs to be corrected, i have not got around to it yet, and im a little disapointed in this, i might get around to it while waiting for the rudder around 2 weeks i think in shipping time.

i have also asked bonzi about installing there race pipe on my quiet pipe, they no im not working right now and moneys a bit tight but i have i will have work shortly, now since the bonzi queit pipe can be unscrewed and changed to a bonzi race pipe but the race pipe is 1 inch longer, i have asked what do i need to do to run the race pipe, as going by info on there website, the header is the right lenght, so it looks like just more of the pipe will stick out the back but i just wanted to confirm this with bonzi, still waiting to here back from them about this.

apart from the hull needing blue printing, the leaky pipe and the tiny tach kicking the bucket im happy the boat has potential, looks great is well made great atention to detail and the motor is soild runs great and its a easy starter with the 813 carb.

its a beatiful boat, great atention to detail in 4 hours of running 7 or 8 short runs at the lake nothing has come loose or fallen off, but with a air vent drille din the left side of the wind sheild it needs a difuser on the carb.

all in all my first gass boat im having fun and my wife and duaghter have enjoyed the boat also as its more of a faimly thing then my large scale off raod trucks and buggies

go to the blog called "tachs"....there is a reply from "witespy" with a link on how to reset a frozen tiny tach. it is three pages back right now in this forum. it was origanally posted by "dockman"......good luck and let us know how it works.
-scott

Old 10-07-2009, 12:52 AM
benckie

cool i hope it tells me how to get mosture out of it also
Old 10-07-2009, 01:23 AM
omra

Hi srt10.

I like to enjoy running them all,each one is different.The aeromarine apache is a superb hull.Im running mine with a cmb rs91.I race in the british offshore racing championship (OMRA) which involves going out on a full size powerboat,and you go out on the sea,riding along with.Such a stable hull,Can handle 4ft waves easy! great way of racing!!

Regards
omra
Old 10-07-2009, 03:26 AM
dicko

Back on boat pics, here's a cat I built up a few months ago. Its got an Evo in it now, still needs more water & test time to get it set up right.

Name:	Jh15098.jpg
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	1290079   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id95932.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	322.6 KB
ID:	1290080   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ek15349.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	1290081  
Old 10-07-2009, 06:03 AM
pyro1

Here are my Enforcers.

Name:	Ec89020.jpg
Size:	234.2 KB
ID:	1290093  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.