Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Hello everybody

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Hello everybody

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 09:51 PM
Gear-Head
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello everybody

I am new to boating, I have been into cars now for about 13 years. I recently picked up a Jet Stream GP 10 for $50 ready to go. Being massivly disappointed with the stock OS 10 I replaced it with a new OS CVX .12 (much much better) While I had it apart I went ahead and put a clutch system in the boat (I wasn't crazy about having the prop spinning at idle) I am pretty happy with the boats performance but I would like to see some more top speed from the boat. I would guess I am hitting in the mid 20's right now. I am a speed freak, I love to go fast. I am toying with the notion of a Hyper .21 in the boat so I can turn a monster prop but I have not made a solid decision as of yet. Boat goes in tomorrow for a fresh coat of paint (Oxford White with a red pearl) after that it will be game on. Anybody have any suggestions (I don't want to hear get another boat cause the Jet Stream is a lousy boat, I know it is a low end boat but I also know I can make is fast).

One last question, can anybody give me a suggestion to get this little boat to stick a bit tighter in turns. It tends to loose it pretty violently about midway into a 180.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Gear-Head
Old 02-24-2004, 02:53 AM
ibuildstuff

Default RE: Hello everybody

wrong forum.. you have nitro, not gas...

The boat will be quick with a .21... but id find a .46 just to really throw some nuts to the hull. turn a octura 3 blade, convert to surface drive (if it already is dunno much about that exact boat) and itll really get some hitch in its giddy up...

Add a turn fin, itll turn great, but put one on both sides if ya wanna turn both ways..

Jesse
Old 02-24-2004, 08:24 AM
OLD_SLOW and in the WAY

Default RE: Hello everybody

yup wrong forum but since we have your attention...... in a perfect world just throwing more hp at a boat would make it faster but with sport/play hulls you can go backwards very fast in the handling department.
they are not designed to handle much more than what comes stock. if ya want speed look up the "firefighter" rigger for that sized engine. tons have been built so a used one is easy to came by.