Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Looking for advise on gas boat

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Looking for advise on gas boat

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 08:42 PM
coro kid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for advise on gas boat

I just came from a Chapter11 NAMBA race,I got the gas boat bug hard.What would the best gas class to look at racing?I`m not new to RC anything but gas boats.Who would have the best deal on boats and hardware? I`m in New Hampshire so a little help could go along way.
Thanks
Coro Kid
Old 05-25-2005, 10:51 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Looking for advise on gas boat

Every part of the country has a hot class for gas or any other class of boat for that matter. Usually you can't go wrong with a Zenoah 260 dropped into a mono hull.
Aeromarine might be a good place for you to start looking, they're not too far away from you in Seaford, Delaware.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:13 AM
ISKATEFAST

There a lot of good hulls out there. Take your time and do your homeowrk. A mono or Cat would be a good choice. Ask questions, then ask moe questions. Jim's RC Boat Dock is a great place for info on gas boats. And for the record, Aeromarine is not all that close, about 520 miles! Just breakin em Ron!
Old 05-26-2005, 10:43 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

There are a LOT of choices out there, the important thing is to buy what YOU like, not us. We can give you our opinions of what you may have in mind and go from there.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:07 PM
heliguy02

You might look at [link]http://www.offshoremodels.com/[/link] I have there Team Strike Mono. Its a nice boat.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:36 PM
skoda450

If you want the most versatile boat for racing, I think it is the catamaran. It is competitive and legal in the open hydro class the open cat class and the off shore class. And they are FAST. Aeromarine Laminates makes a very good hull. They also offer a RTR if you have the bug bad enough to plunk down the $1500 or so. If you are a builder (like me) Marine specialties has all the hardware and hulls you need. A call to them will clear up any questions you may have.

I discovered RC gas boating several years ago and I have left my airplanes hanging in the shop ever since. There are lots more places to run a boat than fly an airplane these days.
Old 05-26-2005, 05:18 PM
Zac Price

Gas mono is the most popular class, then I'd say cat and sport hydro. All the races I have been to in the past few years, gas mono has had the most entries. I will say, if you plan on racing, buy a race hull. Most of the gas boats on the market will not handle the power of a good mod 260. AC Lazer 45 and Insane mono are very popular and are winning races. Check out [link=http://www.mastonsrcmarine.com/]Maston Marine[/link] they have good deals and lots of stuff in stock and VERY good people.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:39 PM
MadRigger

I was just wondering I have a Zenoah 23 watercooled engine and I am wondering if I could find a print on how to disassemble and assemble motor. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Mike
Old 05-26-2005, 08:23 PM
coro kid

Thanks this give me a good start.
Larry
CORO KID