Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

paint

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 11:19 PM
skymortar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: paint

BTW.you cant let the cinnamon roll cool off for more than 10 minutes or the icing will glaze over and the cream cant escape the skin.if you cant laugh at yourself who can you laugh at?
Old 02-24-2006, 11:21 PM
lzvagias

Damnit, thatswhat i'm doing wrong!
Old 02-25-2006, 01:16 AM
gpd_05

there you go skymortar, i think we should all chip in $5 and get skymortar a punching bag, then you can get your aggression out and get some pretty cut arms!
Old 02-25-2006, 03:12 AM
skymortar

thats as violent as i get.time to go hug the wife and the dog.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:02 PM
lzvagias

lol hey speaking of paint has anybody tried that new water based paint? its supposed to be fairly easy to use, it still has to be cleared though. but its really cheap and theres not a bunch of chemicals to mix and water is all you need to clean your equipment! all you need is the paint and the special thinner and its all water based and dries really quick. it can all be washed off after it dries until its sealed with a poly clear coat. that guy Nubs that paints for orange county choppers has used it and liked it and their website shows all kinds of show cars and bikes that wear it and it looks great. this all seams to good to be true, is it? i'd like to learn to paint and i'd think that this stuff would be really good for that.
Old 02-25-2006, 05:53 PM
gpd_05

has anybody any info on epoxy paint? heard it cures really hard, and is almost indestructable!
Old 02-25-2006, 07:12 PM
lzvagias

i use the ace hardware appliance epoxy (black) to paint the insides of my boats and yes, it is very durable! it comes in a spray can and its easy to use. i also read a thread on jrcbd about a guy that uses rollers and a brush with interlux briteside polyurethane paint and it looks like its been sprayed. i believe this because i've seen real boats painted this way and had i not actually seen it done i would'nt have believed it! the only problem is they don't offer many colors though. i actually forgot all about this stuff until i saw the thread it is also another very popular paint in the real boat world and can be picked up at west marine. i think the epoxy is going to be a little more durable than the polyester but i can't say for sure. either one is pretty damn good.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:54 PM
235bajaman

Ditto on the laugh!!!!
Old 03-30-2006, 12:14 PM
rudynix

Hi gpd_05,

I've been using epoxy paint from KlassKote for all my rc stuff. If the prep is done right, gives a nice smooth, and durable finish. As someone has pointed out earlier, it is pretty toxic if you don't use a respirator and good ventilation. Here's a link to their website for more info:
[link]http://klasskote.com/index.html[/link]
Old 04-01-2006, 11:28 PM
gpd_05

thanks one and all
Old 04-01-2006, 11:53 PM
lzvagias

i've been playing around with the "auto air" water based paint that i bought recently and i have to say this stuff is great stuff! i've been testing it on an old hull and i'm really impressed. you don't have to be a chemist to use it, its very cheap, and i've been getting very high quality results. the directions are very easy to follow and its really pretty hard to mess up. there's no coat window either. it says that you should finish with a urethane clear coat but i had some duplicolor enamel clear coat laying around that i tried and i got good results with it, although i would i'd recomend using urethane from a detail gun as the enamel from the can requires alot more wet sanding and polishing to get a good shine. its something to think about.