Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Thunderbolt Build Pics

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Thunderbolt Build Pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 04:11 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Thunderbolt Build Pics

Are you going to be running her at Corbins pond this weekend ?? I am sorry to miss you guys last weekend. Big move day Sunday. Look forward to seeing her on the water !!!
Old 04-11-2006, 08:16 AM
02f350psd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think i'll be running this weekend with corbin and the crew because sunday is Easter and saturday i'll be in NH building the new vaca house. I will be running with everyone again soon.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:13 PM
littlebuick8

hey chris, glad to here you have the stuff to finish up the build. i think i have a handle on mine. i added some weight to the nose and changed the prop back 6717/3 and leaned out the carb some. running on rails w.f.o in the corners and speed is back to normal and controlable. next time out hatch side up all day lol lol. i hope!! when you gonna toss her in the water? dont forget to take pics!!!! talk to you later lb8
Old 04-11-2006, 08:32 PM
lzvagias

i found some really cool silicon tubing at auto zone. i don't know if they all stock them but i'm sure you could get them from their online store. just a thought.

do you have any vids of last weekend? i saw Corbins Dragcat vid but i was hoping to see some of your tbolt and those wicked aerobatics!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22596.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	443703  
Old 04-11-2006, 08:40 PM
02f350psd

lb8, glad to hear you got everything balanced out! It was fun watching all the flips I am going to be putting her in the water friday.

Zach, yea auto zone does carry that silicone everywhere i had some too, just be ready, it will stretch and leak after some time (i had it on my last boat). It only comes in blue however, i want red.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:49 PM
lzvagias

ours had yellow, i bet if you go to the website they have other colors too. i have already incountered that and i cured the problem by cutting real short pieces that i slid over the ends to act like little hose clamps. so far they have stayed good and snug but only time will tell.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:55 PM
lzvagias

they do!

hopefully this works. i'm not sure whether its 4mm or 6mm or 10mm but this page has a link to all of them.

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBr...em=Accessories
Old 04-11-2006, 09:04 PM
Malidrag

Zach, I will get some vid going for you. I have a good clip of lb8 flipping his t-bolt.. Will have it up tomorrow and I will put a link here to it.. His boat was exciting to see out there. Ran Great and I think most of the time ran only on the prop... barely saw the sponsons in the water....lol... Cant wait for more running..
Old 04-12-2006, 07:50 PM
Malidrag

http://www.putfile.com/malidrag
Old 04-12-2006, 09:13 PM
littlebuick8

hey nice clip! she has settled down alot since then! back out today and verry choppy!!!!!!!! with a bit of wind. more lead lol any more and pool noodles aint going to help keep it a float lol getting better though. cant wait to run with you guy's again. lb8
Old 04-12-2006, 11:17 PM
lzvagias

great vid Corbin, thanx for sharing! LB8, it looks fast! it actaully looks like its only a hair light in the bow, what did you do to settle it down and in the video right before you blew over it looked like the boat hopped up and sideways did you hit something?
Old 04-13-2006, 08:38 PM
littlebuick8

it was a bit windy that day and was a bit of chop out there. i have since added about 20 oz of weight to the bow and is still a bit light. however she is cornering at full throtle and the nose is still up. i leaned out the carb a bit and rips down the straight's throw it in the corner and digs in nice and smooth and comes out hot. hope to hook up with corbin and get him to video it again running like this. the tweeking will start all over again in about a week or so new qd on the way! more lead lol.
Old 04-15-2006, 12:40 PM
Team Fine Design

Hey !!! Nice build !! Who makes that hull.I run electrics and I have been looking for a new hull.Could you tell me the dimensions ?Nice post.Good reading ,Thanks Dennis Whitt
Old 04-15-2006, 05:31 PM
lzvagias

its an expresscraft thunderbolt, its 50"x17". i should add that its 50" LOA but 46" wet surface, and mine weighed about 8 or 9 pounds. it would probably make a great electric, if you do it make sure you let everybody know. i'd really like to see that.