Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
 Scrap this or continue >

Scrap this or continue

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Scrap this or continue

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 02:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Scrap this or continue

yes ok it has a 50 mm prop but what type is it?is it a sports prop or a race prop im guessing also its a bit beat up?.try a new one id go sports prop to allow the engine to unwind a bit more the sports props dont have as much pitch or blade.not sure about going bigger but i wouldnt go higher than say 55 mm .also make sure its a good strong prop as some plastic props are very thin and bendy. a good prop are the graupner props .once you find one that works get a brass prop that size and then you will get even more performance.[link]http://www.pandanmodelboats.co.uk[/link] heres the ones i used on mine look at the jp plastic race props s series s stands for sports they are cheap and you could order a few diff sizes and try a sports and racing prop in each size to see which works best.you may be able to get similar props over there too.theyre actually nylon props so pretty strong too.i just checked and they go upto 55 mm the graupner only go upto 45 i think.they also do the props in m4 or m5 thread so you should get one to fit ok.postage shouldnt be too much if you do have to order from them.theyre only plastic after all.but im sure someone ever there will have them do a search for them.just remember get that engine or prop shaft moved to line up better.depends which ones not straight im asuming its the engine? if its the shaft then thats also gonna affect performance .good luck with it.also shes not so bad ,its surprising what a lick of paint does try international paints look for japlac its great stuff shows no brush marks and its fuel proof.comes in great colours too.keep us posted!!