Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

257 carb setting

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

257 carb setting

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 03:36 PM
blake1983

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 257 carb setting

hi I have a moded Zenoah with a 257 big bore carb and was wondering what would be a good starting point for needle settings and has any one ran camp fuel through thier engine and if so whats the outcome
thanks for your time
blake
Old 10-11-2006, 03:52 PM
OLD_SLOW and in the WAY

Default RE: 257 carb setting

set the carb needles at two turns out on the low speed and one turn out on the high speed. it will take some minor adjustment as it breaks in but these settings will get ya going. camp fuel is roughly 55 to 60 octane which is perfect for the low compression engines like the sikks and the zenoahs. i run a castor oil ( maxima 927) mixed at 5 ounces to the gallon with absolutely no carbon build up after a race season. you can also run 1/2 gas and 1/2 camp fuel which works real well too.
there have been threads adnauseum about camp fuel, use the search function and you'll find lots, also try the giant scale car forum for camp fuel info
Old 10-11-2006, 08:25 PM
Bullitt01

fastrat....i race karts and we use the Maxima 927 in those. you say you use it in the Zen,s. Ive been running Amzoil. in my Zen. So all you do is put 5 oz. per gal of reg gas, and it works great? Might try that. Thats all we use in the 100cc kart motors.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:46 AM
OLD_SLOW and in the WAY

i have run with equal success Blendzall, klottz castor, and Maxima 927 in both straight gas and with campfuel as you know castor oil will flow to a hot spot and will prevent siezing unlike regular or synthetic oil which flows away from heat and wont prevent siezing
and because of castors heat seaking talent all that is needed is 5 oz to the gallon
Old 10-13-2006, 05:20 PM
blake1983

Well tried all the needle settings and still same effect it runs for a second cuts out runs for a seconds cuts out and its dripping fuel out of the carb but if i lean it out any more it bogs down, im running camp fuel with Motul 800 what do yall thing could be the problem
thanks
blake
Old 10-13-2006, 06:05 PM
OLD_SLOW and in the WAY

the diaphram in the carb or........... in some walbros there was some gunk that settled in the needle and seat ( not low & hi needles) which could clog fuel flow or stick it open causing flooding