Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

My Custom 1/8 Miss Bud

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

My Custom 1/8 Miss Bud

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2023, 06:49 AM
rcizlife
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/8 scale bud boat

Originally Posted by BudDriver13
Here are some pics of my custom Proboat 1/8 Miss Bud. I completely gutted the boat and replaced and/or upgraded every component. I recieved a lot of help from Norman Russell (also owns a 1/8 Miss Bud) on this forum who helped fabricate and create hand machined parts for the boat.

Attached here is the new turn fin with custom machined mounting bracket and also my new rudder. The stock rudder bracket was milled so I could install the rudder from Speedmaster.
i have this exact boat and need help setting up a new turn fin. not sure of the angle. could you help me or get me in contact with norman russell?. 631-384-5964 is my number. thank you
Old 11-16-2023, 11:21 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rcizlife
i have this exact boat and need help setting up a new turn fin. not sure of the angle. could you help me or get me in contact with norman russell?. 631-384-5964 is my number. thank you
You may need to private message him as he has not been on this site in 7 years (Last Activity: 09-07-2016 05:06 PM)
Old 11-17-2023, 03:15 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

WOW!!!
Been a long time since I've seen anyone on this thread.
rcizlife, you have to remember, the people talking about their Budweisers had either made or modified many of the metal parts on their boats. What that COULD mean is whatever angle they had the skid fin at may not work you your boat. Since I race scale nitro boats, including the one shown on my avatar, I see fins mounted with many different angles. I would install a fin angled at 15 or so degrees and see how the boat reacts. If the sponson is pulled down too much in the turns, reduce the angle. If the sponson lifts off the water too much, increase the angle. This is the best way to fine tune any fin to the boat it's mounted on