Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Weed Wacker Engine

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Weed Wacker Engine

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 05:17 PM
venom racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weed Wacker Engine

Hi, i have a old weed wacker engine and i have nothing to do with it so i decided to build a large boat with it. I dont konw anything about boats this big so i thought i would post. I have experience with .15 Nitro boats. could anyone give a dimensions to a boat that could use a weed wacker engine. i want to make something along the lines of what the large Mrs. Budwiser is.

Also im not sure what to make it out of. I wanted to make it out of foam with a wood skeleton on the inside. then i would cover the whole thing with fyberglass. But i think that the fiberglass resin would eat away at the foam. is there anything else that would be better to build a boat with like thin wood.

Any advice or past experince or Links to web sites would be great and very much appreciated.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:44 PM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Weed Wacker Engine

best and easiest boat to build would be a deep v like the ones been built all over on here i have plans of one its a plywood build.its 48 inches long ideal for a weedy motor,im building one for mine its 28 cc and the boat will be 54 instead of 48 as im scaling it up a bit,hers my 36 inch version of it.it took 4 days to build the hull in all.[img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85688.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	552738