Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

which boat would you get?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

which boat would you get?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 09:02 AM
old salty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which boat would you get?

If you had $1400 to spend on a boat less radio what would you buy ?
Old 11-03-2006, 09:33 AM
xxxboatworks

Default RE: which boat would you get?

Are you ready to build or do you want RTR?
Old 11-03-2006, 10:47 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im sure you could sell him one of yours mr boatworks !!.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:57 AM
old salty

rtr is ok but I will use my radio a sensor by normadio 2.8ghz with telem. something in the 50-57 in range, it will be run in glass to some chop a vee with a hatch and 5plus hp surface drive center or dual rudder and a quite pipe, clutch and water pump, right prop xxx what do you have in this range email me thanks in advance
Old 11-04-2006, 07:37 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

try this one ,great company 5 times world champion and the new zen 7.3hp !!!![link]http://www.prestwich.ndirect.co.uk/panther46.htm[/link]
closer to home try forabuck hulls they are copys but very good ones and a lot of guys have them on here made by vern kilmer and hes reasonably priced sometimes sells them on ebay but also from plumbkrazyboats ,he sells on ebay as forabuck and you may get one cheaper off there when he has one to sell.i believe he also has a few of his own designs now too ,he makes deep vs and cats ,heres a link .[link]http://www.plumkrazyrcboats.com/[/link]
Old 11-04-2006, 09:04 AM
old salty

thanks for your help, but Iam stuck on which one a whh manowar or a manta ray I will get his kit with his promod zen but should I use the wet pipe or a wtc dry pipe If I use a dry pipe I think I will get the manta ray or do you think these boats will do mid 40s with the mod zen and the wet pipe I know the wet pipe is good at keeping the noise down[8D]
Old 11-04-2006, 09:30 AM
gasfreak
My Feedback: (13)

Both of these boats are very nice I prefer the looks of the manta-ray and yes they will do mid 40s customer service is hands down the best you would not be dissipointed in either one of them
Old 11-04-2006, 01:20 PM
Flabum

ORIGINAL: old salty

rtr is ok but I will use my radio a sensor by normadio 2.8ghz with telem. something in the 50-57 in range, it will be run in glass to some chop a vee with a hatch and 5plus hp surface drive center or dual rudder and a quite pipe, clutch and water pump, right prop xxx what do you have in this range email me thanks in advance
Have you used that radio in a boat before? If so how well does it work? I have read here that the Spektrum Radio running at 2.4 Ghz has issues with running them in boats due to interference from the rooster tails etc....
Old 11-04-2006, 01:28 PM
Flabum

ORIGINAL: old salty

thanks for your help, but Iam stuck on which one a whh manowar or a manta ray I will get his kit with his promod zen but should I use the wet pipe or a wtc dry pipe If I use a dry pipe I think I will get the manta ray or do you think these boats will do mid 40s with the mod zen and the wet pipe I know the wet pipe is good at keeping the noise down[8D]

Pipe is purely your choice, I'd get both so you can use the wet pipe when you need to be quiet..... even with getting the boat, your budget should support it. Another option is get the dry pipe and get a add-on muffler from here: http://www.americanrcboats.com/produ...gineacczen.htm (lower down on that page)
Old 11-04-2006, 02:50 PM
old salty

yes this radio is glitch free no matter what and with the feed back from the boat you know what is going on with the rec batt up to four temps, rpm in real time and with the voice and vibe to give a heads up also with dig sevros you have the best radio check their sight you are right about the pipe I think a red manta ray is in the works