Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Arroe Shark

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 03:47 PM
Scorpio145

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arroe Shark

Hi Guys,

I am looking for any opinions on the Arrow Shark hulls. Are they any good. Any opinions would be greatly appreicated.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

Thanks
Old 11-03-2006, 04:16 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Arroe Shark

I've seen some pretty good feedback from a few of the people here in the US that have gotten them. They consider them a cross between a Seaducer and the Prestwich monos.
They're supposed to be one of the better manufacturers out of China. Their .21 monos have done well at the NAVIGA World Championships.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:28 PM
Ultimate48

I bought the Arrow Shark Challenger for my son.
It need a lot of work to meet my running standards. The motor mounts are very weak, I made new mounts, flex shaft was not greased, stringers are not glassed in hull very well or sealed, had to glass and seal wood stringers. Radio box, replace it with fiberglass box $20.00 Areomarine, exhaust system must be replaced, stock was very loud and and cheap.! WHH $69.00 tuned pipe w/ header for a zenoah worked very good and boat runs a little faster . The fiberglass hull is very thin , I made 2 bulk heads glased them in. Gas tank mount need to be glassed to hull and sealed, made new mounting points for the tank. Prop need to be balanced. I had to make more ventilation in the hatch . Boat stand that came with the boat is not tall enough for the rudder to clear the ground. I made a new stand out of PVC.

Engine runs very good, drive looks good as well , paint is good, graphics fair, hatch fits good .
Test run after mods, maybe 35 to 40 mph my guess! handles good in rough water 6" to 12 "chop, turns good on hard turns.

You can custom order this boat, just ask them if you buy one. I ordered the boat with no exhaust system.
Stock exhaust runs out the side of the hull straight out the muffler. I did not like that!!

A overall look at the boat for the price I paid $490.00 NO RADIO, with shipping. not to bad!!! not great!!
The price has gone up on this boat, over $550.00 shipped.
You can find a better price. ebay $390.00 to $450.00 +

Old 11-03-2006, 07:48 PM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

There's a thread here that talks about the boat, http://p086.ezboard.com/fjimsrcboatd...cID=5427.topic with a video in there with a kid driving it. One other person in the thread was talking about importing them which would save a lot of hassle.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:58 PM
Fishman01

I own two and have had lots of fund with them. I did have all stringers replaced. All Top Secret Gear and a Rat Fink modified 260 with a QD pipe.
They scream!
Old 11-04-2006, 04:41 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hi mate they are great hulls for the price ive seen one run and they are very fast and stable to run.theres a guy on here has a thread on his boat and a few videos of it running im sure if you do a search you will find it.its a copy of the prestwich lynx .there are lots of guys who have these chinese copies and they all seem happy with them.fast delivery and pretty good quality by all accounts.i think one guy did strengthen the transome useing some plywood but i think it was more as a precaution to be honest.try this link heres the one i was talking about his boat does well over 50 mph.[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4072819/anchors_4072819/mpage_1/key_arrow%252Cshark/anchor/tm.htm#4072819[/link]
Old 11-04-2006, 06:23 PM
muldrow

hey you got any pictures of your challenger i was looking at getting one to fart around with and cant really get a feel of it from the website photos thanks
Old 12-24-2006, 04:51 AM
donkeykong

I have the challenger but have had trouble getting parts for this boat. My pull string went out on me the first time i ran it. It was the pulley itself but i managed to take a saw and cut the pull string cover off the pull string itself so that it could still be a part of the engine and hull mount. I then drilled a hole on top of the boat and bought a 15 inch socket extension with a 14mm socket. I use my electric drill to start the boat. I need a flexible shaft for this boat since my shaft broke leaving it stranded in the water. Does anyone know where i can get a flexible shaft for this boat? My boats only had 2 runs on the lake and looks really rough with epoxy and glue stains all over it. I was wondering about the flexible shaft how it just slides right into the engine to propel the prop. I was worried that the prop could come right out of the boat, flexible shaft and all and then having water come in the boat and sinking it. Is that possible? Did anyone else notice that? If anyone could help me out on getting parts i need for this boat please let me know, thank you.
Old 12-24-2006, 06:01 AM
Euan

donkey,
i can supply a spare flexi for you,if you measure yours first and then drop me a PM ,with the length ,
cheers Euan.
Old 12-24-2006, 06:11 AM
Euan

Skorpio,
you can get a lot more info on the Arrowshark mono by searching the forum,the thread is E bay boats,i own both the mono and the cat and with a few simple mods make a great place to start in gas boats.
cheers Euan.