Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Proboat owners...you know who you are!

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Proboat owners...you know who you are!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 11:57 PM
JasonInAugusta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Proboat owners...you know who you are!

Shockwave 55. Been destroyed once (40MPH into rocks).

Here's how she sits now.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:55 AM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

swweeeeet jason,you still waitin on parts from "that other guy"..lol...my advice is to "blow him off the way he does others" the dude is a flake....get your parts elsewhere..here's a starting point http://www.aeromarinerc.com/ sweet boat buddy,let us know when she's back together...
Old 01-08-2008, 06:58 PM
pilot dave
My Feedback: (3)

dose any one know anybody with a proboat 1/8 scale missbudweiser hydro with the 26cc engine not the 23cc NIB,RTR for sale I have ran out of time waiting or i keep missing them i fill like the only kid on the lake without one i know theres better and faster boats but i want this one I'm greatful to everyone how can help me thank you for your time helping me look for the right missbudweiser 1/8 scale NIB,RTR thanks dave. [email protected] or ph: 806-438-3408 thanks again.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:05 PM
mopartybob

sounds like money is no object for you dave...(lucky guy)...[:-] take a gander at this one on the bay... http://cgi.ebay.com/CUSTOM-BUILT-PAI...QQcmdZViewItem [:-] make him an offer.....actually,your money is better spent elsewhere,but if this is what you want........[:-]
Old 01-08-2008, 07:35 PM
doby
My Feedback: (1)

http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u...roCrash002.flv
http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u...roCrash001.flv

Heres my 1/12 in action, currently building a 1/8 !
Old 01-08-2008, 07:53 PM
edmkills

http://cgi.ebay.com/CUSTOM-BUILT-PAI...QQcmdZViewItem

Is it just me or is the iso block upside down...
Old 01-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Proboat 772

Proboat taps into the carburetor bore from the top rather than the pulse passage on the bottom of the carb.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:04 PM
edmkills

I have a Crapwave 55 ss and didn't even notice how it was installed. I only ran it once and took out the zen and put in a Sikk and just installed the block with the tap to the bottom. Is there a difference in the strength of the pulse?
Old 01-09-2008, 07:01 AM
Proboat 772

It makes no difference, as the tap goes into the carburetor bore and operates on pressure pulses in the bore rather than the crankcase. The iso block has a separate small hole for crankcase pulse to operate carb fuel pump.

The pulse is a little weaker with the Proboat setup versus tapping into the crankcase pulse channel.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:57 PM
mopartybob

and yet here's another... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=018
Old 01-09-2008, 01:20 PM
mannymach1

I have proboat BJ55 and my biggest problem that I have is that they did not change the problem areas after the first production run. My clutch bell just exploded the other day. It seems that the problem existed when the boat first came out. A year later, they still did not change the design. On top of that I now have to ship them the clutch bell for them to look at it before they are going to warranty it. I could of taken pictures instead and saved on the shipping........I just ordered a Bonzi replacement clutch...

..Another thing I don't understand why they have a screw hatch system for the canopy. What happened to the cotter pins? I lost a canopy because of the screw system they are using (screws came loose after a 35 minute run...uhmmm...vibrations) Hell they still use cotter pins system on car hoods
Old 01-09-2008, 01:32 PM
mopartybob

LOL..., Well manny,It is my opinion that everything designed nowadays IS designed to either break,fall off,or fail in one way or another...thus supporting the aftermarket sales....go figger that one out....[:-]
Old 01-09-2008, 01:42 PM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: mopartybob

LOL..., Well manny,It is my opinion that everything designed nowadays IS designed to either break,fall off,or fail in one way or another...thus supporting the aftermarket sales....go figger that one out....[:-]
There you go speaking your mind again Bob i have to say i agree with you 100% though when it comes to most rtr boats cars trucks you name it they all lose parts or parts fail so the poor customers get stung again and again for replacement parts.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:51 PM
mopartybob

ORIGINAL: martno1fan

ORIGINAL: mopartybob

There you go speaking your mind again Bob i have to say i agree with you 100% though when it comes to most rtr boats cars trucks you name it they all lose parts or parts fail so the poor customers get stung again and again for replacement parts.
AAHHHhhhhh,A special classic moment when mart agree's 100%...lol...keep it up buddy and you might have to change your signature.....
Old 01-15-2008, 05:27 PM
DZBlack3

For all you ProBoat bashers, you are high. Evedently you dont know how simple, dependable and durible these RTR boats are. I have a Shockwave 55SS that does 55mph with a Octura X472 prop, a stock Miss Elam 1/8 scale Hydro that does 45mph with a Prather 260 prop, a stock Miss Bud 1/8 scale I bought in 2000 and it still does over 40mph with no mods, just a Prather 265 prop. I also have 2 new Formulas, 1 is completely stock with a Octura X470 prop and does 47mph out of the box. The second one has a Bonzi BZ1 clutchless engine, tuned pipe with a Octura X467 prop and is pushing 60mph with some mods to the rear wing and front conard(added a 1/2" wicker to the conard and lowered rear of rear wing 10 degrees). Sounds like you guys bashing expect them to haul ass out of the box. For liability reasons they can only be rated at 35mph from the factory. I have been playing with these boats for years and have no complaints, they always start and run like champs. Any questions, I'll be happy to help. [email protected]
Old 01-15-2008, 06:01 PM
BB Modss

ORIGINAL: DZBlack3

For all you ProBoat bashers, you are high. Evedently you dont know how simple, dependable and durible these RTR boats are. I have a Shockwave 55SS that does 55mph with a Octura X472 prop, a stock Miss Elam 1/8 scale Hydro that does 45mph with a Prather 260 prop, a stock Miss Bud 1/8 scale I bought in 2000 and it still does over 40mph with no mods, just a Prather 265 prop. I also have 2 new Formulas, 1 is completely stock with a Octura X470 prop and does 47mph out of the box. The second one has a Bonzi BZ1 clutchless engine, tuned pipe with a Octura X467 prop and is pushing 60mph with some mods to the rear wing and front conard(added a 1/2" wicker to the conard and lowered rear of rear wing 10 degrees). Sounds like you guys bashing expect them to haul ass out of the box. For liability reasons they can only be rated at 35mph from the factory. I have been playing with these boats for years and have no complaints, they always start and run like champs. Any questions, I'll be happy to help. [email protected]

Bud I think you just made a mistake.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:22 PM
mopartybob

ORIGINAL: BB Modss

ORIGINAL: DZBlack3

Bud I think you just made a mistake.
Tom...Tsk-Tsk....play nice with the new guy,I'm sure he's got vids and more supporting facts, to back up his initial,welcome to the forum introduction.....Dont'cha DZBlack3......
Old 01-15-2008, 06:29 PM
BB Modss

Im only trying to help prepare him for the storm rolling up..
Old 01-15-2008, 06:39 PM
mopartybob

LOL,definately gonna need a fatty for that,but in the meantime,for those who have'nt seen the second run of my 11 yro sons MissBud,here ya go... http://www.vimeo.com/605591 thanks for that prop Tom,really helped out...
Old 01-15-2008, 06:50 PM
BB Modss

Shorten that pipe up 1/2" glad that prop works for the bud.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:43 PM
DZBlack3

I dont wont problems, sorry just saying my experiece with these boats. Sorry to ruffle feathers, but bring it on, if it bothers you. I have plenty of pictures and videos to prove what I say. It may be a problem with not knowing what you are doing, this is a excellent product. And once you get it dailed in it will run forever, if you dont pile it up, its easy to repair also. Again, I'm sorry, they are great boats.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:14 PM
DZBlack3

BBModss, you got a problem? Sounds like you have had bad luck. The only people like you who I have seen, are poeple who dont listen and know it all. Just how I see it, you need to listen and learn. These are great toys. Bottom line, they are toys, just toys. No need to be a hard ass.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:27 PM
mopartybob

whoooops,here we go.....
Old 01-15-2008, 10:29 PM
stempak

I looked at a shockwave 55. I thought it was maid out of plastic it was so thin and flexible, It makes my dumas skater seem like a heavy layupI was interested in the blackjack 55 for it's size skater look and freeboard! but I'm sure it's got the same seran rap layup no good and worth about 250$rtr!

p.s for a serious boater they are complete junk aside the zenoah
Old 01-15-2008, 10:53 PM
WATER_BUGG

*COUGH* THE ZEN IS JUNK ALSO!*COUGH*...SORRY HAD ONE FOR A WEEK AND TOOK IT BACK...BOUGHT A REAL "TOY" BOAT!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.