Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

60" mono video.

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

60" mono video.

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 10:43 PM
sonicracing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 60" mono video.

Ran the big white whale today with some interesting results. The mod X482 I ran last weekend at 70 k's on rough water only managed 63 today on the calm water. What was interesting was the second X482 I modified by not removing as much blade area than the first one ran 70 k's on the calm water without loosing any RPM so should be quicker once the water gets rougher.

Right click and 'save link as' or 'save target as'

[link=http://sonicracingaustralia.com/v/NB60mono.wmv]My 60" mono. 17 MB 3min.[/link]
[link=http://sonicracingaustralia.com/v/will60mono.wmv]Wills 60" mono. 18MB 3min 20 sec.[/link]

This next video shows what happens when the red coil decides to die. First one I've ever had let go in 15 years of running Zenoahs.

[link=http://sonicracingaustralia.com/v/rescue.wmv]Dead coil. 8MB 1min 30 sec.[/link]

Cheers, Danny.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:11 PM
MrMikeG

Default RE: 60" mono video.

Danny do you seal the hole in the red coil? I have been sealing them since running in Salt water and never lost one yet. A drop of Epozy does it.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:20 AM
sonicracing

Mike, I haven't been but I will from now on, this boat has done more salt water running than all my other boats.

Danny.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:10 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Danny she looks good do you have any pics of the mods you did to the props or is it a secret!!.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:11 AM
sonicracing

No secrets here, both props started out as stock X482, all I've done is rounded the tips off. The leading edge is still stock and no extra pitch has been added. One prop is 78mm and the other is 75mm.

This is the first time I've ever done my own mods to props and I am achieving desired results, that in no way implies that I know what I'm doing but am prepared to have a go at it. I read a great article somewhere on the net a few days ago which led me to believe that I was taking the right approach but now I can't find it.

Cheers, Danny.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:15 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well it looks and sounds like your doing it right so far thanks for sharing your ideas and the results with us mate.Keep up the good work its good to see someone trying things out and sharing it with us.