Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Super G Boats

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Super G Boats

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 06:26 PM
ByronRC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super G Boats

Hello All,
I'd like to know of any thoughts about the Super G. I've Watched the video on the warehousehobbies site and it looked like something I wanted to start with as I'm only a novice on anything gas powered though I have experience in nitro boats. Is there anythings to watch out for, is the quality of the RTR version good, stuff like that. Also how does one break in a brand new gas engine I'm not purshasing 1 right away, might be a few months to save up for. Let me know thanks
Old 06-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Baboon48

Default RE: Super G Boats

I think most people will agree that the Super G enforcer boats are an excellent boat. The boat has good quality. I've never had one but I've seen them run and they are great boats. As for break in period, this is a very debatable question. I am sure someone will come on here and say their way is the only way. Some run them hard out of the box and others go easy for the first 2-3 tanks of gas. Its a matter of opinion. Some might say if you're going to race then run it hard from the get go and if you're going to use it for recreational use then take it easy for the first fews tanks. I hope this helps. This is a learn as you go hobby. I am still very much in the learning stages myself. I think you'll find that most people want to help when they can. Hope this helps!
Old 06-11-2007, 07:08 PM
ByronRC

Thanks Baboon48 . I've heard it's a good all around craft. Just looking at what others think. Thanks you for your input.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:40 AM
Doubledog
My Feedback: (48)

Buy one.... YOU WILL NOT REGRET the money spent on this boat.

Having owned two, (one for myself & the wife) I can write a book on this hull. For the money, its one of the best built, bullett proof, gas & go boats on the market. This was my first venture back into boats and couldn't have been easier. Fast enough to stay fully entertained... though not a real racer but who cares for an awesome play boat.

Again, buy one. Make sure to get one of the Zenoahs though. Either the aircooled RC230 or watercooled PUMs is fine.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:01 AM
Baboon48

Doubledog is right, you should buy one. Nobody else in the market really compares when you factor in value. These boats are full of value and durable. The one point I will disagree with is in the engine suggestion department. I would go with nothing less than a "water-cooled Zenoah G260" with a canister muffler. If you can, get the wet-tuned exhuast with the water cooled Zen G260 and be completely satisfied. If you cut corners now it will only cost you more in the end to get what you WILL truly want. If you go air cooled or get a G230 you'll want more power in the end. If you get the water cooled G260 you'll be in the low to low-mid 40 mph range right out of the box. Surf ebay and you'll probably find something you're looking for.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:31 AM
pyro1

Yes WHH'S boats are awesome boats. had my SS 46 out yesterday. If you do get the superG do get it with a water cooled Zen. if you add a cone to cone exhaust you will be running around 46 to 48 MPH and thats not too shabby. I also have a mag 57 and it does not matter what the water conditions are it goes through anything.

Good Luck and have fun.
Keep the hobby alive
Pyro 1
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61893.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	702640   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16762.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	702641  
Old 06-12-2007, 01:06 PM
Doubledog

When it comes to the engine issues there will always be opinions

I bought mine with the RC230 aircooled Zenoah w/clutch from WHH about five years ago. Fell completely in love with it and after some dialing in got it into the mid 40's consistantly with that engine and a Cooper Quiet Pipe. Quiet pipes are almost mandatory here in Europe and the cannister was getting me in trouble.

Experimented with a 260pum and didn't like it. The boat was designed for the heavier aircooled engine so to keep the weight with the power, I put the 230 back in, but replaced the jug with a watercooled 27cc Sikk kit. Did better but then you reach the limits of the hull design. Period. There's no arguing the point that this boat is not made to run into the 50's or even high 40's all day long. It not and once you reach mid 40's, its the best entertainment you can have for a hull with that speed. However, consistantly pushing the higher numbers will get you dunked.

Don't get me wrong & start slapping away at the key's Point blank, if I had it to do over again, I'd buy the watercooled 260.

Reasons for choosing the 260 would be first: much more power in a lighter package and then the fact that you can better enclose the deck with a nice hatch from WHH. It just gives you several more options. Besides, after you run this boat.. you'll want another and odds are pretty good that the aircooled engine won't be the best choice so you could swap out in a tight fix (if on a serrious budget)

Break in...
Its not going to hurt it to get a few minutes run at an easy pace and then back off, have a coke, cool down and watch others run. Fire it back up, go a few more laps and bring it in & cool off once more.

Buy the G'. You'll love it inside & out.

Ps,
Just ordered a new Team Pro. This will be my third Enforcer hull.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:24 PM
ByronRC

Thanks for all the info guys. If I buy it stock, what speeds can I expect? I wanna buy one but it will have to wait a little while so I can fill the wallet back up after the 3 rc cars I bought within 2 months[:@]. If I buy stock how much work would it take to upgrade to a 26 pum Zenoah later.

Once again I appreciate all the input and help given to me.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:03 PM
Doubledog

Byron,
When you compare engine packages consider that the aircooled RC230's (or even the SIKK copies which are excellent engines) run about $50 less than what a stock watercooled 260 will cost. Ask yourself is this worth the trouble of having an engine that you may someday never use again except in an open hatch play boat. That I highly doubt and I took a beating getting rid of mine.

Speeds, read the posts again. Pyro's SuperSport & the Super G' share the same running surface, just the decks are different. *edit*
I bought a USED SuperG' with stock RC230 engine & cannister exhaust... and the first time out with NO dialing in, it ran just a shade over 40mph. After some adjustments, it would run 42-44 depending on water conditions STOCK. *edit* my new one took some time with break in of the engine before it finally came up to speed. Usually you'll notice they get faster after the first three tanks and everything settles in on the engine. *end edit*

With the 260pum, you'll have more power in a lighter package so you should see the same speeds if not better. Just remember that this boat isn't designed to run into the 50's and stay on the water. Nothing wrong with it as the lower speeds will keep you excited.

In a nut shell, buy the 260 package. You'll be glad you did.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:20 PM
Baboon48

Doubledog has pretty much hit the nail on the head. Get the water-cooled Zen G260. If for whatever reason you do decide to go with the air cooled engine, I would suggest also checking out Bonzi Sports. They make a sweet looking boat. Other than this info, browse ebay (CAUSTIOUSLY), check the classifieds here, and swing over to the "Dock" and see if anyone else might have something. Whatever you do make sure you get what YOU want. Our opinions should only hold so much bearing on your decision because ultimately you're the one that has to buy and drive the boat. I hope our info helps and if you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:29 PM
ByronRC

Thanks a lot everyone, I really appreciate all the help. I 'm really not looking for a race boat so I think when I do get it I will get the aircooled option. Thanks again for the advice
Old 06-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Bullitt01

...you will still have a TON of fun with the air cooled boat! Go for it.