Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Sikk engines

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Sikk engines

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 02:52 PM
andytk5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sikk engines

So what is the difference between the 25.4cc engines and the 27cc engines? They are the same price but the 25.4cc engine says it is 4.5hp and the 27cc engines doesnt even have a hp rating. I am trying to figure out which is better. I would think the 27cc would be more power but they are both about $300. Also I just wonder what the difference between a stock G26 from bonzi at $209 or the Sikk 27cc or 25.4cc would make in a 43.5" deep vee in respect to speed all things being equal???
Old 07-14-2007, 03:07 PM
edmkills

Default RE: Sikk engines

25.4 a bit more rpm than the 27cc but the 27 has a bit more torque. Stock the Sikk will out run a stock Zen.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:55 PM
stempak

the sikk 25.4 makes about 5.5hp stock because they are not stock, actually they are mildly moddified. Thats 5.5hp with a tuned pipe.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:27 PM
edmkills

STOCK is how the engine comes from the factory and even though the Sikk engine comes with enlarged ports etc... when compared to other engines it is stock. Mods are whats done after it somes from the factory. Modifiying the 25.4 is not advised do to the two bolt cylinder. If your looking at modifying the engine down the road go with the zen all the way.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:45 PM
stempak

Sikks are a zenoah clone they are a different although they look the same. Zenoahs are a better quality motor and the 2bolt head on the Sikks have been a weakness although the 27's are said to have had no problems for the most part. for the extra MONEY, and the 4bolt head Zenoahs are the better way to go.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:57 PM
pete_486

i know a few people that run sikk's and they swear they will not go back to zen's.
i run a delta force 47 with a zen g260 and its ok but ive since got me a sikk to run in my new makara 57" hull, so will see how it goes..........cheers....Pete
Old 07-14-2007, 06:13 PM
stempak

If you make sure they have the 10 dollar copper base gaskett you change to larger/longer and loctite the headbolts. And also lighten the piston due to vibrations they are said to be fine and a 27cc will keep up with a full mod. zen. the attractive thing is you can pick up a Sikk used for 200bucks. But It looks like the (hardcore) racers all use Zens.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:39 PM
OLD_SLOW and in the WAY

Modifiying the 25.4 is not advised do to the two bolt cylinder.
i dont know where you heard that from ..... they mod up just fine and live long doing so. the failures ive seen were from either water ingestion or cutting the transfers too big, weakening the cylinder base. the stock white cylinder base gasket must be replaced with a copper .005" or a .005 tyvek gasket
Old 07-15-2007, 03:09 AM
Tell 1uk

I run both types the sikk 27.c.c and mod Zens the sikk will turn a far bigger prop than the Zen and seems to be a more powerfull all round motor,I have had no probs with the sikk although I did blow a head gasket when I lost water cooling . Given a choice I would go for sikk.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:25 AM
MrMikeG

All the records are held by Zens, the Sikk might turn a bigger prop but the Zen will still run past it in RPM!
Old 07-15-2007, 10:10 PM
stempak

And so will the price$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 07-15-2007, 11:27 PM
Bullitt01

OK ....so pick your poison!
Old 07-15-2007, 11:35 PM
stempak

well if I could aford one. It would be a rear exaust 25cc elec. tronic 8+hp qd. but I,m not going to spend 1500 bucks on one???????right now, maybe next year about this time?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67569.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	723831  
Old 07-15-2007, 11:36 PM
MrMikeG

So what do YOU own?
Old 07-15-2007, 11:43 PM
stempak

I don,t have anything right now. But I,m going to get a modified sikk 27, Then one of those new M&D motors when the price comes down. Or a used qd 25ht
Old 07-16-2007, 01:28 AM
edmkills

dont know where you heard that BS from .....
The boards Larry where else!

As it is adviced to all newbies I used the SEARCH function and I did a lot of research on this board and others before and after I bought my Sikk and I did find that opinion more than once. I still get advice to add some bigger washers and lock tight to hold the cylinder solid and that makes me cautious when considering modding the motor.

As for the gasket guess what... more differing opinions, some say copper some say blue. Opinions to use the blue say that its closer to the original thickness of the crappy white gasket and the copper might not leave enough clearence without modifing the piston etc... surprise I'm going with the blue still being cautious about ruining my motor.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:50 AM
OLD_SLOW and in the WAY

i have modded over 100 sikk engines and never had a jug failure from whats described as a weak base. the 25.4 engine is designed to run with an .005" base gasket there are two choices either a copper or cut one from tyvek from a mailing envelope. the sikks are runners and will hold their own against anything in its class, my engines (fastrat) swept the 2005 NAMBA Nats (top 3 places) in G2 mono and these were the large flywheel aircooled conversions with a water jacket. wanna pay $600 for a mod 260? its a free country or 1/2 that for an engine that will race right along with it..... its not all engine that wins races...
Old 07-16-2007, 08:02 AM
soundguykaraoke50

bravo old and slow,i been getting the stkk motors from sean over at oneil brothers for quite awhile now.the 25 is a great out of the box motor and stock verses stock will out run the zenoaha motor all day long.there are some things that arn't up to par,like the mount rubber and the starting ring,but after those are swaped out for better quality ones the sikk motor is the way to go.price,cost and performance.whats not to like.as for the two bolt jug mount,i have 17 of these motors in my boats and this has not been a problem at all.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:08 PM
45deepvee

i have been talking to toxic al about getting mine modded these past few days. as is in stock form my 27cc sikk which is water cooled will spin just about any prop i could want to run on my boat within reason. only one i havent spun is a octura x482 on my 60 inch cat. on my 45 vee it spun it fine.

anyways, my sikk has a modded carb and has tons of power. i have no issues with it. only reason im going to mod it is to get more revs. it will make 6.25hp in modded form acording to toxic al. cost to mod it is $200. i allready have a bh hanson pipe w/wrap to center header, bonzi water jacket, and a mod 644 carb.

should be fun once modded. any zens put out 6.25 hp modded?

also i swapped otu my engine mount rubbers for top secret iso pads with the stiffeners. just need to drill out the holes for the rubbers max 2 sizes and it fits perfect. i also have a metal recoil ring i got form oneil brothers. i have no issues with this motor anymore. starts up after 4 pulls dead cold and stays running. only thing i changed was the pull start assembly for the ones oneil brothers sells. havent had one single problem since.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:35 PM
krcracing

i have been running sikk engines in omra class d,and i have modded them with no problems,i can run a 482 prop on my 56"apchee all day long.but they love a 275 prop when tuned for more rpm,the 2 bolt head is not a problem and i have never blowh a head gasket yet.i have 4 sikk engines all tuned to almost the limit and they run like a dream,never had a problem,sikk is the way to go for power and price
Old 07-16-2007, 04:53 PM
MrMikeG

You guys are unreal, OLD Slow and In theway, Please let us know what ZENOAH can run in G2 class???????????????? So you are no longer comparing your Sikk's to Zenoah are you. How many we're entered in the NAMBA Nats G2 mono class? If you have to replace parts then you no longer have a stock engine. As far as 6.5 hp from Toxic Al, let's see the Dyno sheet! [8D] "i allready have a bh hanson pipe w/wrap to center header" you may as well run a canister because the Hanson pipe won't tune on a wrap to center header. If you want more RPM get the right header.
I'm not trying to bag the Sikks, they are ok motors, but when you go over the top saying they are the best it is just not true. Plus why do they cost more for a China clone than a Jap original?
Old 07-16-2007, 05:11 PM
OLD_SLOW and in the WAY

"You guys are unreal, OLD Slow and In theway, Please let us know what ZENOAH can run in G2 class????????????????"
i wasnt at the nats in 05 but i was told there were a couple of 35cc quickdraws...

the sikks are a bit more than a 260 but they do come with mounts and come with a factory performance mod to boot ( add that in) and add another $50 for a cheap set of mounts for the 260.
you wont find two 260,s that mike out the same, yes they are that bad

and just what is the best??? seems to me these guys are happy with them so they are the best in their eyes
Old 07-16-2007, 05:35 PM
45deepvee

ORIGINAL: MrMikeG

You guys are unreal, OLD Slow and In theway, Please let us know what ZENOAH can run in G2 class???????????????? So you are no longer comparing your Sikk's to Zenoah are you. How many we're entered in the NAMBA Nats G2 mono class? If you have to replace parts then you no longer have a stock engine. As far as 6.5 hp from Toxic Al, let's see the Dyno sheet! [8D] "i allready have a bh hanson pipe w/wrap to center header" you may as well run a canister because the Hanson pipe won't tune on a wrap to center header. If you want more RPM get the right header.
I'm not trying to bag the Sikks, they are ok motors, but when you go over the top saying they are the best it is just not true. Plus why do they cost more for a China clone than a Jap original?

first off you need to read. i never said 6.5hp. i said 6.25hp.

also once i get mine modded ill ask him for a dyno sheet for ya. i beleive he knows a little more about these motors then you. he also does zenoah motors. so ill have to have him send me a dyno sheet. as i was told this motor with a tuned pipe makes a hair over 5hp from the factory.

plus nobody said ther ethe best. just people who do have the and like the way they rtun in modded and un modded form
Old 07-16-2007, 06:44 PM
MrMikeG

Larry, 35cc QD's are GX2 motors, not G2. You wouldn't use the mount as it comes from Sikk in your worse boat and you know it!
45Deepvee, I race against Al's motors every race meet, have you even seen one run? I'm sure you will like it they are better than stock and his fees are reasonable. Still if you want to get the most RPM from it you need another header. Ask him if you don't want to believe me.
I have Sikk's, I'm even a dealer for them, there is just a lot of mis-information going on here and I think a few people need to come back down to earth!
Old 07-16-2007, 06:50 PM
45deepvee

so what header you suggest then to where i can still run my pipe out the back of my hatch how i have it?

also nobody really is leading into false information, from what ium reading just opinions. i was told by al the power specs. ill get a dyno sheet from him i guess. and ill have my tiny tach in a week or so. ill have my gps this week. i plan on doign prop testing for rpm range and speed from the props i ordered. ill be postin info

seriously though, which header will still run out the back how i have it, i have though abotu changing it to a different header for that reason. i want the rpms. my pipe is a zero band also.

check my build thread. or pm me about it. since im sendin the motor out anyways ill swap the header while i have it out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.