Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Step by step pulse fitting installation.

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Step by step pulse fitting installation.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 04:59 AM
danielplace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Step by step pulse fitting installation.

This thread is old dated info. There is a better way.

That is exactly how it should be done. You must go into the bore. Been trying to tell everyone this for years glad to see Bonzi has finally figured out it works best also.

The top side would not even work if you went into the integral pulse hole. It should be in the bore on the topside(sides work well also)just like you have it.

I would NEVER tap into the integral carb pulse port on the bottom of the intake as that will rob the already limited pulse from the carburetors fuel pump by adding a LOT of volume and softening the pulse. Most everyone had been doing the pulse into the integral carb pulse passage way for a long while but it is far from optimal for a number of reasons.

This can cause a high speed leanout. It also allows the vacuum line to accumulate fuel in it that the topside does not. It gets it where it is accessible and not straight into the grey coil if you had one mounted there. The pump will pump the most water with the least negative affects by tapping into the BORE of the intake than even tapping the crankcase or a transfer port. I have done many tests and can absolutely guarrantee that the pulse line tapped into the bore will be strong better pulse for a water pump than you will find anywhere on the engine.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:58 PM
wetsleeves

ORIGINAL: ponddipper

pictures...wanted to make sure you saw this...will it work?
I had my pulse line tapped into the pulse port and it was nothing but trouble. Daniel told me to tap it straight into the bore like in the pic and bingo, the carb doesnt lean out and the pump pumps alot more water through the engine.
Even had to lean out the carb as it was running to rich.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:25 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Daniel - you brought this thread back after 2 1/2 years to offer some revisement. You have now made 7 revisions to your post today and I cannot say it is very clear. I am certainly open to revisions but your post leaves me guessing. Whats going on?
Old 10-19-2011, 11:16 PM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe he didnt use spell checker ,hang on we dont have one maybe its time,i know i certainly would benefit .
Mart
Old 10-20-2011, 01:35 AM
drummer62161
My Feedback: (2)

why are all of my proboats tapped on top of the insulator block??? It seems to also work, or did they just take a shortcut