Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Zenoah G45

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 03:38 AM
aramacir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zenoah G45

I would like to ask if its ok to use in RC Boats?what size are suitable for this engine?thanks
Old 12-26-2007, 04:28 AM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Zenoah G45

Well , considering that this is an airplane engine ... hopefully , you DO know that there are NOT a lot of RPMs that come out from this engine and seeing as to how when running RC boats , the RPMs have a lot to do with the total over-all speed , I would suggest just getting a marine Zen ( or SIKK - CY )
There are other negatives as well - air cooled WITHOUT any cooling , weight . less pony power ....
Just to name a few . BUT , can you use it ? Sure , same as you can with just about ANY weedie style engine .
Just modifications are in order for it to work in a RC boat .
Unless you have on setting on your self with no use for it , I would suggest getting a marine engine and going from there . Less headaches and less mods needing to be done .
Leave that bad boy for some project like an RC airboat , or plane .
Old 12-26-2007, 05:46 AM
BB Modss

Sorry Bob, The G45 makes a killer boat motor, spins plenty fast after its been set up with tuned pipe, vibration is the big issue with this motor, Talk to JustAddWata here on the forums about the g45, he has more useful insight.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:19 AM
WATER_BUGG

Take a look and the G-42 that marine specialties offers, its 42cc, 5.1 lb, and spins at about 17000 rpm.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:42 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: BB Modss

Sorry Bob, The G45 makes a killer boat motor, spins plenty fast after its been set up with tuned pipe, vibration is the big issue with this motor, Talk to JustAddWata here on the forums about the g45, he has more useful insight.
Unfortunately I dont have any experience with a 45. I have a few G62's which are pretty heavy duty (lots of power) but lack the RPM to be real quick. I have not heard too many favorable reviews of the G42 from MS.