Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

EZ VEE

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 11:03 AM
kacz7895

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EZ VEE

I will be starting to build an ez vee boat from zippkits it is my first baot besides a couple of rtr. So my knowledge of rc boats is really small. i am looking for suggestions on these rudders if people like them or not. It will not be raced much if at all just want to go and have fun on the lake.

http://www.marinespecialties-rc.com/hbrinfo.htm

And was going to run this motor Zenoah not sure which one yet.

Will take all suggestions and comments
Old 01-11-2008, 11:13 AM
MKMotorsport

Default RE: EZ VEE

A stock Zenoah should work nicely in that hull. They can be had for about $200 if you shop around.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:25 AM
warrgy69
My Feedback: (63)

That rudder system is too heavy for that boat in my opinion. Go with a speedmaster for even Aeromarine setup.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Honestly? Very heavy and overkill even for a gas boat.
Go with what Joe recommends, an Aeromarine will do otherwise go with Octura or Top Speed hardware..
Old 01-11-2008, 11:47 AM
motrcyclryan

zippkits has hardware kits available now with most of the stuff you need. they have a stinger/rudder combo with pushrod seals and a drive dog for $80 , and a strut/rudder combo for $66. when i first started my e/v build i looked at the marine specialties stuff untill Ron and numerous others told me it was junk. heres a link to my build thread. check it out , cause i had alot of questions answered that will probably help you out. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6448914/tm.htm
Old 01-11-2008, 11:53 AM
MKMotorsport

another option is the Warehousehobbies XP2 drive. I think you come out a little ahead of the game compared to the zippkits because the WHH comes with a flexshaft, stuff tube, ferrule, and liner, which you dont get with the zippkits package.

http://www.easycart.net/whobbies/Drive_Systems.html
Old 01-11-2008, 12:02 PM
kacz7895

thank you very much everyone that replied. I like your idea mkmotorsport it comes with more stuff that ill need when i do this build i will be no where near a hobby shop and recieving anything will take awhile
Old 01-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Go with a stock or mildly modded Zen for it. If you feel later that the hull can take more power then down the road you can send it in to somebody have have it modded further.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:09 PM
motrcyclryan

the warehouse hobby setup might be a nice deal for another boat, but..from what ive heard the inline stuff isnt ideal for a 46" hull like the E/V.possibly 40" or under Also the stuff tube that it comes with is only 10 inches. from the transom to bulkhead 5 is just under 10 so that is too short. the flex cable is only 18 inches. from my measurements ( and i could be wrong) its goin to have to be a touch longer. again- just my observations and opinions.