Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Zen powered Rio51. Short video

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Zen powered Rio51. Short video

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 07:56 AM
Wet-N-Wild

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Zen powered Rio51. Short video

Thanks for the pictures looks good. The drive assembly looks shorter then the orignal, is there a performance difference? shorter Vs longer?
Old 04-03-2008, 07:59 AM
MakinWaves
Banned

ORIGINAL: mauian

ORIGINAL: tunda

looks like we are getting the same speed with our set up what do you think Mauian.........
Web could be going as fast but remember we gps'd ours @ 50 mph w/zens so he could be going as fast as us...hehe. looks good web. wait till i get that friggin m6 going...............
unless you've gotten more then 50mph....he already went faster at 53mph
Old 04-03-2008, 04:12 PM
mauian

ORIGINAL: MakinWaves

looks like we are getting the same speed with our set up what do you think Mauian.........
Web could be going as fast but remember we gps'd ours @ 50 mph w/zens so he could be going as fast as us...hehe. looks good web. wait till i get that friggin m6 going...............
The speeds we where getting was with the stock stuff on with the M5 Zen from WHH. So at 50 + mph not bad, but I am going to stick the M6 in it and see if it'll go past 55 which I am very sure it will or it'll peel off gellcoat....lol.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:19 PM
MakinWaves
Banned

The speeds we where getting was with the stock stuff on with the M5 Zen from WHH. So at 50 + mph not bad, but I am going to stick the M6 in it and see if it'll go past 55 which I am very sure it will or it'll peel off gellcoat....lol.
It should. What prop are you using? Matt ran 53 with the GrimRacer 3 blade, which IMO was not the prop for it. We definetely could have gotten 55+ with the Zen in Matt's RIO, but he got rid of it before being able to do anymore prop testing on it.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:29 PM
mauian

It should. What prop are you using? Matt ran 53 with the GrimRacer 3 blade, which IMO was not the prop for it. We definetely could have gotten 55+ with the Zen in Matt's RIO, but he got rid of it before being able to do anymore prop testing on it.
I am using Prop Shop 7514 E works very we'll. WHH recommends 75mm on their modded motors but stay away from the aluminum one's they snap and tear the hell outa the flex and stuffing tube...lol.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:36 PM
webdr

man, where the hell have I been? I didnt even know they made aluminum props....
Old 04-03-2008, 05:39 PM
mauian

ORIGINAL: webdr

man, where the hell have I been? I didnt even know they made aluminum props....
lol, that funny web, hehe you hiding in the woods ?....j/k..lol. WHH has em take a look but beware they broke on a m5 motor.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:14 PM
doomracing

ORIGINAL: webdr

Heres a "short" vid of the Rio w/ a hansen mod g260.

Grimracer 3 blade.

Ran pretty well till I ran her outta gas...the iv bag gives no warning.

Sorry the camera guy wasnt the best.

http://boatvideos.webdrgraphics.com/rio_zen.wmv
holy **** ! till ya hit it i thought my stock rio was fast. then she jumped to life, and my jaw hit the floor. fast boat to say the least.