Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

HPR CT-03 & CT-04 owners

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

HPR CT-03 & CT-04 owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 01:17 AM
showtime808

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPR CT-03 & CT-04 owners

Whats the recommended method for attaching the flex to the HPR 1/4" Arneson drives? Are you guys welding them in? I read a thread in German and it looks like one builder used "JBWeld" and epoxied them in. I also read another one and he used loctite for his electric version, I cant see how this will hold up on this boat with this method. I am building a gas version. Thanks
Old 03-04-2008, 01:23 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: HPR CT-03 & CT-04 owners

Loctite 648 retaining compound will hold more than the cable if applied correctly (applied to clean surfaces with minimal clearences). It is an ideal method and can be removed by using moderate heat. Most other means of bonding require excessive (damaging) amounts of heat should you ever need to replace the flex cable.

You should only need a dozen drops of loctite per cable. Couldnt be easier (once you have the bottle)
Old 03-04-2008, 02:16 AM
showtime808

Thanks for the info will give the loctite 648 a try. Also whats the recommended CG for the CT04 w/twin stock zens 26cc and what props are you guys running.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:05 AM
Justaddwata

Not sure on that one. I have the CC/HPR 2.33 so it wont help.

Is the hull coming from Hanspeter or MHZ. I am sure both shoul dhave some setup specs. Theres one or two builds in this forum that may also give some helpful info
Old 03-04-2008, 10:21 AM
Chris Nicastro

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

(riding on the coat tails of this thread)

Hey guys do you know of any CT04's or CCHPR's for sale in the US? I exchanged an email with Hanspeter and he is having health problems so he is not making anything. He also told me the CT03 is not "in his program anymore". I'm waiting for another response from him at the moment.

Second part...all the MTC drives and rudders...who is selling those ?? MHZ?? in the US, because I have tried to contact them with poor results and my feeling is if they cant respond in a timely manner to any emails or the phone then I dont trust them with my money. I tried contacting them in Europe as well and no reply. So, I dont know what the deal is there.

Any good contacts and help would really be appreciated, my friend and I are interested in building a pair of big C1 Cat's and we want to get the costs, shipping and info squared away.

Chris
Old 03-04-2008, 01:44 PM
mike the snake

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I looked for days for that 648 locktite locally, you'll probably have to order it as most stores only stock the red and blue Locktites
Old 03-04-2008, 02:50 PM
showtime808

Justadwata- I have the HPR CT04 and I cant get a response from Hanspeter for info on the CG.

Anyone know what kind of speeds they are running with stock zens. low 50s? Or what props to try?

These new rear exhuast Korean motors in stock form are looking like a great option. Just not sure on clearance in the limited space.

As for the counter rotating parts, I noticed both Arneson drive shafts are standard rotations did you guys get 1 standard and 1 counter rotating? Is MHZ one of the few places that sells counter rotating 1/4 flex cables in the US?

Venomous- I have both MHZ (drambuie) and HPR (CT-04) cats and I am sure you would be happy with either. I personally like the MHZ sides better because its flush (non shoe box finish) paint jobs come out nicer.

Justadwata- Do you guys have any video of Phils HPR/CC Miss Gieco?
Old 03-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Justaddwata

No Video of the Miss Geico - just photos. Boat has been sold but I understand the new owner plans on getting video and pictures once she hits the water again.

There are some US makers of CR flex cables. I picked up a few - cannot recall who the maker was but good quality.

The RCMK rear exhaust motors should be less of a space consideration than the zenoah. Not sure if they have the c/R version though.

Start with the same props you would with a single motor - 7016/2 or /3 or similar. Boat should have no issues with the 50mph mark - quicker depending on what motors you end up running.

Only place local that woul dhave loctite 648 is an engineering or bearing supply store (the loctite is used for the installation of bearings in assemblies etc) No Auto store is likely to have it (possibly NAPA). Otherwise go with Mcmastercarr or Granger
Old 03-05-2008, 07:23 AM
showtime808

Here are some of the suggestions I have recieved from CT-04 owners who run this hull with zenoahs in europe.

1. props: propshop 7016/3 7018/3 ABC 2716/3 2718/3
2. CG is in the middle of the second step.
3. stock 26cc zenoahs? 109 KPH with the 7018's.. 103 with the 7016's..

-Seems like this set up is very similar to most of the other europen scale cats.

-Looks like MHZ has some 648 loctite.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:48 AM
Justaddwata

There are a lot of guys running the cat in Europe.

True MH$ carry 648 but I would bet shipping costs more than the loctite.
Give one of these guys a call - they may have some other parts you might need also - http://www.thomasnet.com/hawaii/bearings-3650207-1.html
Old 02-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Gerwin Brommer

Bit late, but use "Activator" in combination with loctite 648 !! It will make the joint almost 50% stronger !!
Old 02-09-2009, 12:30 PM
w3bby

ORIGINAL: VENOMOUS
Second part...all the MTC drives and rudders...who is selling those ?? ..
Any good contacts and help would really be appreciated, my friend and I are interested in building a pair of big C1 Cat's and we want to get the costs, shipping and info squared away.
You could try Tom Lorenz at [link=http://www.modellbaucenterlorenz.de/]Modellbaucenter Lorenz[/link] the site is in German but I have had contact with him in English. Good info and timely shipping. I paid directly to his account, not sure how he is set up now.