Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

New GAS Boats from Venom!!

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

New GAS Boats from Venom!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 09:52 PM
wave waker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New GAS Boats from Venom!!

good timing, i'm [8D]looking for a gas cat!! hurry up guys!!
Old 05-07-2008, 10:05 PM
misshydro

why would you add a clutch on it anyway??[&:] doesnt take away some power to the motor??[&:] and add more weight to the boat??[&:] Add a clutch and water pump=more weight to a boat.[&:]
Old 05-07-2008, 11:48 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

ORIGINAL: misshydro

why would you add a clutch on it anyway??[&:] doesnt take away some power to the motor??[&:] and add more weight to the boat??[&:] Add a clutch and water pump=more weight to a boat.[&:]
These boats aren't made for the long-time boater or racer just like most other RTR's but more towards the new gas boaters. You really don't want a boat that big with a spinning prop in the hands of an inexperienced boater.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:56 AM
Chris Nicastro
My Feedback: (3)

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

No updates at the moment. We are in the middle of getting things shipped so it wont be long now.

The clutch question is a good one and a long debate as well. We felt that it would be ok to go this route since in testing with inexperienced boaters it was clear that people paid more attention knowing there is a spinning prop rather than not expecting the prop to spin up while having a more relaxed attitude about it. Everyone knows its dangerous either way in model boating so no matter what the set up is please pay close attention to what your doing and avoid an accident.

As for a clutch robbing power you would have to expect a tiny loss due to the extra mass the engine has to turn but this loss is almost un-noticed by most people and only matters when you are trying to acheive a speed goal or race competitively.

In the end what we are trying to accomplish is to bring to market a respectable level of performance, cost and quality. It is very difficult to balance all of these factors and make everyone happy so we have to choose what we can.

Thanks for your suport and we hope to have these awesome boats to you right away!
Old 05-08-2008, 01:45 PM
Paul M

ORIGINAL: VENOMOUS

In the end what we are trying to accomplish is to bring to market a respectable level of performance, cost and quality. It is very difficult to balance all of these factors and make everyone happy so we have to choose what we can.
Well said. But don't worry, there will be people who complain anyway
Old 05-08-2008, 02:35 PM
hpiguy

They don't have clutches because the manufacturer builds them, labels them, packs them and then sends them to Venom to be marked up and sold under their name.

Venom didn't design these boats, they didn't make the molds or the engines. They found a factory making these boats, had them make them all pretty with different paint jobs and sells them under their name. This is very common practice for many r/c companies. Venom isn't doing anything wrong.

Venom doesn't have any control over if the boats have clutches or not. They buy these from another party and sell them under their name.

If they weren't all premade, you wouldn't see FS selling them looking IDENTICAL minus the paint job.

They look REALLY cool, and I may try one out, but not having a clutch, water pump or anything brand name for $1000 makes me want the JR Radio guided, Zenoah powered, lower priced Blackjack more. Wish they'd have made the Blackjack this cool looking though. The Venom boats kill the Proboat Blackjack in the looks department.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:24 PM
Catmandoo1
My Feedback: (23)

I have been looking for a boat and decided to sign up, so first post.

hpiguy,

Most every post you have made has some sort of negative content. Here, Venom is adding a great product to the hobby. I am sure they have done their due diligence and have researched the market to understand what most customers are looking for. I think unless you have some inside knowledge, then your comments are only assumptions. I plan to call Venom tomorrow to get more information.

As for the price between the Blackjack and the Venom, there is a $150 difference in Venoms favor, so not real sure how you came up with the Venom Boat costing more. With the price diff, if someone, like your self wanted to add a clutch and a pump, they could with the cost savings.

In addition the Venom Radio seems the full of features not available on any boat in the market.

If you don't like it don't buy it, JA.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:17 AM
NTM

ORIGINAL: htawfik3

This Cat are also made in china but not by FS Racing, the quality of hull and hardware are excellent. I believe many well known US manufacturer produce their products in china where labor coast is much less than USA.
Do you have any pictures of the tunnel/sponson design ?
Old 05-09-2008, 10:23 AM
Chris Nicastro

HPIGUY is not associated with VENOM in any way and has NO inside knowledge or information regarding our operations and is making assumptions and declarations based on false information. His comments are not positive nor appreciated and are not in the spirit of this forum. It isnt fair to manufacturers for anyone to come onto a product thread and just make false claims and try to dergrade a product.

In addition it isnt fair to post photos and links and or remarks directing people to competitors products on a new product thread supported by the manufacturer.

For the record we do have control over designing and developing our products. It is our goal to provide our customers with the best possible product at the most reasonable price to acheive the best value. We are here to have a good time are we not? So lets not allow this kind of posting to bring us down.
We have excellent customer service and support as well as great products. We want to be a part of your hobby experience.

Thanks,

Venom Group International
Old 05-09-2008, 11:15 AM
hpiguy

I never said I worked for you? When was that said?

I AM aware that you did not design the hulls, engine or radio. Based on the fact that they can be bought from other companies with the same features and just different stickers on them.

No one is trashing your boats. They look like great machines. I'm sure they are quality.

People are asking questions and posting opinions. YOU are flipping out for no reason. YOU seem really defensive when being called out on the fact that you claim to have designed this product and then proven wrong.

It's totally OK to admit these are rebadged boats made for a mass market. You being the USA distributor.

When people get mad and start proving you wrong, is because they don't like being lied to about where and who makes things they buy. If you would have admitted that the boats dont' have some features because that's how the factory builds them and you don't have much say, people would have appreciated it. But by trying to act like thses are special machines for just you and you alone, and trying to pull the wool over very experienced hobbyists eyes, it tends to make some of us a little ticked off.

You are a manufacturer, who does not pay to be here and therefore should have been talked to about blatant advetising to begin with. Then when questioned about where the boats come from you blow up at people.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Chris Nicastro

Thanks Grimracer for the welcome on the Rio thread. The Vegas show was a blast and the response was very positive. We ran the King of Shaves in the pond with the other boats for a little bit but with the show to take care of and only having 2 guys to handle everything we cut our display time short on the water. The pond was a circus with boats running all over the place too! Rather than risk damaging a display boat we also opted to pull it off for that reason.

More to come, we are axiously awaitning the arrival of the first shipments and these are going to go fast so get your order in!
Old 05-09-2008, 04:01 PM
nwnitro

We are looking forward to these new boats as they should bring new folks into the RC boating. They fit into the 'Sport' boating type of class which is what Tony at Warehouse Hobbies has promoted and sold for years. Any boat can be made to go faster and handle better.... but if all out racing is what you are after check out what is winning in the IMPBA and NAMBA events etc.. Our event this fall is really focused on the new boater with the 'Sport' type of hull and we hope to see the Venom boats there!
http://nwrcoffshorechamp.com
Old 05-09-2008, 04:10 PM
Chris Nicastro

Yes! we have been talking about your event and started planning some time for it. Its new for us as a company and should be a blast. we might have upto about 4 boats there I think, I hope!
We are big fans of the Class 1 UIM power boat championships and we had this oportunity to work with King of Shaves so it all came together. We will be involved in promo's with KOS in the near future as well.
When these scale cats run together it's a sight to see and very fun to drive. I was driving the Segad in our promo video and I keep watching it over and again...too much fun!
Old 05-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Canadian LoCo

Ahhhhhhh is it true what i hear that these boats wont be out till the end of
this month. I order one from my LHS on Apr 24th oh well.
I really cant wait to get this great boat and put it to the test.
its to bad that I will only get it at the end of this month since our club will
have a big show at our pond that would great advertizing of these great boats
in my neck of the woods up here in Canada.
I wish you well with your new products
yours truly loCo.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:19 PM
david007
My Feedback: (26)

Hey guy's
OK I have heard a lot of different things about this boat. But the one thing I have'nt heard is how is the hull??? forget the motor can the hull hold up to a top quality motor like a cc mod or a sikk????? What is the hull made of ,is it hand laid fiberglass or plastic? I think that's what us bashers want to know OK at least I want to know...
I'm only asking becuse I have to kick my friends ***** and yes it's all about speed.
Sorry for my bad spelling but there is no spell check on this
Old 05-11-2008, 10:25 PM
XRMikey

Ditto. Inquiring minds want to know.
Also... I’ll be in Vegas next weekend. Are you possibly shipping some to any specific store out that way?
If you are, what store?
I want one.[8D]
I just can’t make up my mind. King or Segad?
Old 05-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Ron Olson

I've got an idea that they will be at the big annual trade show in Lost Wages. They have a place nearby where they run the boats.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:10 PM
NTM

Pics ?
What's the holdup ?
Old 05-13-2008, 10:32 PM
specialk1

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: XRMikey

Ditto. Inquiring minds want to know.
Also... I’ll be in Vegas next weekend. Are you possibly shipping some to any specific store out that way?
If you are, what store?
I want one.[8D]
I just can’t make up my mind. King or Segad?
King or Segad? i know what you mean hahahahaha im in the same boat hahahaha
Old 05-13-2008, 10:52 PM
Ron Olson

King of Shaves. I don't know, just something about it.
I get a magazine from New Zealand, Full Throttle H2O, and they show that boat off quite a lot in there.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:54 AM
XRMikey

I'm now in love with the King of Shaves.
I have quite a few pic's of the real one now after doing some research & that thing is awesome!
I even have the pic of it upside down in all it's British grand prix losing glory!
And it's still an awesome sight!
Now.....When can I get my hands on one?
Old 05-14-2008, 08:02 AM
sfie281674

Just pre-ordered my Segad from my LHS. I'm wondering how this will compare to the Blackjack. In terms of speed, straight out of the box?
Old 05-14-2008, 07:04 PM
XRMikey

This isn't fair. Any classified info on how things are doing?
Old 05-14-2008, 07:09 PM
webdr

ORIGINAL: sfie281674

Just pre-ordered my Segad from my LHS. I'm wondering how this will compare to the Blackjack. In terms of speed, straight out of the box?
They dont compare. These boats go around 35ish, the blackjack is about 45.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:39 PM
XRMikey

That doesn't matter. I'll make it go 50! LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.