Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Looking for a nice boat!

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Looking for a nice boat!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 12:59 AM
Stride11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a nice boat!

Hi, im new to rc gas boats and im looking for a nice buy. Ive never owned a gas boat and i want somwthing nice, fast, and reliable. I dont want to get something too expensive or too cheap. So if anyone could tell me the name of a nice boat that is fast and nice. Also if you could gives links, and maybe specs to nice boats that would be cool.
-Thanks
Old 08-23-2008, 01:05 AM
JakeDW

Default RE: Looking for a nice boat!

Do you want to build it or buy a RTR?Tunnel or V bottom?

Jake
Old 08-23-2008, 01:49 AM
Stride11

i would like to build it if it isnt too hard and if someone could help me out with parts to get, but as for RTR ,tunnel, or v bottom i would either go RTR or V bottom(which would be better?)
Old 08-23-2008, 01:56 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: Stride11

i would like to build it if it isnt too hard and if someone could help me out with parts to get, but as for RTR ,tunnel, or v bottom i would either go RTR or V bottom(which would be better?)
RTR or Vee bottom?? I think you might consider a little more research if that is indeed your question.

RTR = Ready to Run (as opposed to one you build yourself).

You might review a few threads on the gas boat forum. There are plenty of RTR boats (a good place to start). Probably the safest bet in my opinion would be something from Warehouse hobbies (Www.warehousehobbies.com).
Old 08-23-2008, 02:59 AM
Stride11

Ok i understand now and i feel like a fool. But i think i should stick with a RTR v bottom and slowly upgrade from their. Any good suggestions on a nice RTR?
Old 08-23-2008, 03:13 AM
sandydr

Stride - I only started a short time ago and wasn't sure if a V or Cat was the one for me. So..I went cheap and bought a boat of Ebay. If you like hanging around the water (as I have always done), spend a bit of $$$ and go for a Warehouse hobbies, as I should have first done! I ended up selling my Chinese boat to an engineer as I simply do not have the skills and more importantly the paitence to deal with it. I do not know what your budget is, but for a first boat in the gas market, everything points to WhH. I have since moved to a Aeromarine XXX (V) , which is great and a Aeromarine Avenger Pro (Cat), which is the Mutts Knutts.

For me, the first boat from China a 50" V $US700 + $US100 to the US (Shipping) + $US400 (Shipping) to the Dom Rep was a waste of money and cost me more in the long run as I had to replace it with something more reliable that I could work with.

Whatever you choose, have fun!
Old 08-23-2008, 03:33 AM
Justaddwata

Ok i understand now and i feel like a fool. But i think i should stick with a RTR v bottom and slowly upgrade from their. Any good suggestions on a nice RTR?
Hey Stride - sorry - I was not trying to put you on the spot. But in all honesty - it is going to be like any $$ decision - the more research you do the better equipped you will be to make a more informed decision. When you do pick something of interest - do a search to read of any other member problems. As mentioned already - you wont read a bad remark about the WHH boat. I am not new to the hobby and have 40+ gas boats - some over $10k. But the boat I have run most this year has been my $500 WHH boat. It is a fun and reliable boat - there is a lot to be said for fun and reliability.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:44 AM
Dreamin Hemi

Justaddwata with all thoes boats I really think you should ease up on the load it sets upon you. I'll volunteer to assist you with taking that stress and confusion of owning so many by offering to share the load for you. I'll PM you my address so you know where to ship to. I'll even be as nice as to take care of that $10,000 beast for you....just so you don't have to. [sm=wink_smile.gif]
Old 08-23-2008, 03:58 AM
Justaddwata

I appreciate the offer - I will keep it in mind (will you be charging me storage?? )
Old 08-23-2008, 04:00 AM
Dreamin Hemi

....nah, only your advice once and a while.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:46 AM
Stride11

Ok i decided i am going to build the boat, and could anybody help me out like direct my to a parts list, tutorial, or what i all need to get. Possibly some suggestions.
-Thanks
Old 08-24-2008, 01:07 AM
edmkills

Hull here http://www3.telus.net/acboats/Home.htm
Engine here http://www.cc-racingengines.com/
pipe here http://www.needforspeedhobbies.com/
prop here www.dasboata.com
everything else http://www.americanrcboats.com/

Old 08-24-2008, 01:36 AM
fkboatman

go to whobbies and get a kit boat, you just cant go wrong with them in any fashion shape or form, you get the inner working of the hobbie and all the hard work is done . and when your more experienced build one from scratch. you will do a couple things this way, learn about the sport, have a backup boat, one for a freind to play with and then you can always sell it, they hold there value pretty well. hands down you never beat the customer service from Tony and Pam.
Old 08-24-2008, 03:02 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi, im new to rc gas boats and im looking for a nice buy. Ive never owned a gas boat and i want somwthing nice, fast, and reliable. I dont want to get something too expensive or too cheap. So if anyone could tell me the name of a nice boat that is fast and nice. Also if you could gives links, and maybe specs to nice boats that would be cool.
-Thanks
Why not try one of Scotts boats he will do you a rtr one he just replied to this thread (DREAMING HEMI) he makes a glass hull 51" long ideal as a playboat and should handle rough conditions also.Its s tunning boat to look at too and he will paint it custom colours if asked niceley .Send him a pm and ask for a quote as i know he makes up a rtr package using whhobies parts .
Mart
Old 08-24-2008, 04:10 AM
Stride11

ORIGINAL: martno1fan

-Thanks
Why not try one of Scotts boats he will do you a rtr one he just replied to this thread (DREAMING HEMI) he makes a glass hull 51" long ideal as a playboat and should handle rough conditions also.Its s tunning boat to look at too and he will paint it custom colours if asked niceley .Send him a pm and ask for a quote as i know he makes up a rtr package using whhobies parts .
Mart
I would like to, but im trying to learn about this hobby, and i want to try to build one on my own for the learning experience, and fun. But i looked at the kits at WH Hobbies and i found 3 kits that look good if anyone could give their opinion.
http://69.49.183.35/ProductDetails.a...Code=SUPERGKIT
http://69.49.183.35/ProductDetails.a...ctCode=ENF150K
http://69.49.183.35/ProductDetails.a...ctCode=ENF250K

Im thinking about those, does anyone know the speeds of those, which one would be the better buy, and how long it would take to assemble?
-Thanks
Old 08-24-2008, 09:33 AM
JakeDW

I would say I like this guys list the best so far.

Jake
Old 08-24-2008, 09:45 AM
martno1fan

You cant go wrong with whhobies to be honest but what i said about Scotts boat still stands why not get the bare hull and hardware motor etc as a package to build yourself?.Im sure he would be hjappy to do that for you,saves him building it for you , he could probably beat those prices too although that super g is just an air cooled motor ,id go for a water cooled motor myself so you can use it in any boat you wish.
Mart
ps as for motor SS ENTERPRISES all the way absolute screamer [X(]
[link]http://gasrcproducts.moonfruit.com/#/modmotors/4526479367[/link]
Old 08-24-2008, 12:04 PM
Stride11

ORIGINAL: JakeDW

I would say I like this guys list the best so far.

Jake
I would like to build it from scratch, but i don't know what all to get, or if it all would fit together. I have never done this before so i don't know all the parts i need to get, and i would hate to order it and find i got incompatible prts, or didnt get all the parts.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:18 PM
JakeDW

40 to 50s hulls use the same hardware/stinger style drive and stand off rudder.they ues the same engine G260pum2 Zenoah/ all motor mounts will fit for this motor/you want a 1/4 flexshaft/prop/all drive line stuff/most tanks will work/.When you buy a hull get the servo box they sell with it so it fits.

Just make sure every thing you buy is for 1/4 drive and a 260 Zenoah gas motor .

I am not telling you to buy from them but check out www.bonzisports.com and check out their drive line packages and what they come with.and check the wwh list allso it should give you some referance.We can make you a list but it will be diffrent from a cat or v hull.I will work on getting a list togeather for you.

Jake
Old 08-24-2008, 12:19 PM
rcboateric
Banned

that super g is just an air cooled motor ,id go for a water cooled motor myself so you can use it in any boat you wish.
Mart
ps as for motor SS ENTERPRISES all the way absolute screamer [X(]
[link]http://gasrcproducts.moonfruit.com/#/modmotors/4526479367[/link]
an air cooled engine? never used it, does it make power and what's the hp and rpm of it? hey mate, you recommended a SS engine to us, but I can't find any of its specs(dyno sheet) as Hanson, MD and Redline do.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:32 PM
martno1fan

Eric forget dyno sheets they can be made to say anything the builder wants all i know is i would recomend this motor to anyone its fast and so far very reliable,im running arround 60 in the hydro and im sure 70 is possible.No i havent had a gps on it yet but if someone lends me one ill be sure to do just that .I also know Wally aka Tahoe has been consistantly hitting high 70s and low 80s in his cats with this motor .In fact i hear hes planning on some speed records with it in the near future,oops sorry Wally ,there are lots of good motors out there i know you run the hanson hornet and its also suposed to be good but i have no experience with it.
Mart
ps the super g is a boat but in that package its running an air cooled motor,yes they are good but only in open top boats
Old 08-24-2008, 12:48 PM
JakeDW

OK here we go for a v hull mono

Rudder with 4 or 5 in standoff
Stinger drive 1/4 (if cat need strut style)
24x1/4 flex shaft cable and shaft welded togeather
1/4 2 blade prop prather 275 get it sharpned and polished and ballance if you can find it that way
Zenoah g260pum2 this is the water cooled version you can buy it from 200 stock to 600 modded
Zenoah motor mounts
Pipe system try BH Hanson rpm for stock will include motor water cooled flandge header pipe
pipe mount for tansom
motor to flexshaft collet Zenoah to 1/4 shaft
5/16 brass stuffing tube 18 in probely best so you have some length to work with
2 transom bulkhead water line fittings
2 out let fittings for water lines to exit out the side
gas Tank 13 to 30 oz or 500ml Iv bag
throttle cable assembly for Zenoah
push rod assembly for rudder
water line
gas filter
gas line
cable grease
1/4 prop nut
anttana mount and pole
trim tabs (if cat dont need)
side truning fins (if cat dont need)
2 stroke oil

futaba 3pm or 3pk with 2.4 fasstt system
2 metal gear servos
on and off switch for the reciver servos
1500 and up reciver pack

Hull of your choice

Jake
Old 08-24-2008, 01:06 PM
rcboateric
Banned

that's a budget list jake, but you forgot to mention a radio and radio gear system. lol
Old 08-24-2008, 01:27 PM
rcboateric
Banned

forget dyno sheets they can be made to say anything the builder wants
Mart
ps the super g is a boat but in that package its running an air cooled motor,yes they are good but only in open top boats
better not say it mate, watch an engine builder jump in and give you a mad face. yes, a few good cats would create a speed record, shame on my sprint cat only went 64.6mph and so far I have no idea how to fill up that 15mph to her.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:51 PM
JakeDW

I added to it Eric see something I missed.

Allso look at www.topsecretboats.com they have mono and cat hardware packages to give you an idea of what it looks like i bought this hardware for my cat .

Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.