Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

New radio

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 01:31 PM
mikewait

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New radio

Hi i have and old radio am or fm radio ( don't know what it is but it's by futaba), recently i have decided to start racing my boat with other people and i don't want to have any trouble with frequencies so i want to get a 2.4 GHZ radio.
I have a spare spektrum 2.4 GHZ radio (it's the dx2) But i read i shouldn't use it on water. Is that true???
If so what 2.4 ghz radio will work???
And will my fail safe and over heating shut off and engine kill guard still work???
Could you guys please tell me what 2.4 ghz radio will work and that has a lot of range.

Thanks!
Old 07-09-2009, 02:43 PM
Dan S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New radio

if you want to stay in the Spektrum line, have a look at their new MR3000 (marine) receiver.
I don't know yet what the results are but I believe that on a different RC boat site some testing was done with good success.

besides that you have the Airtronics FHSS-2 and the Futaba (2.4Ghz) 3PM, 3PK, 4PK and Nomadio if they still make them.

Dan.