Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Arrowshark products

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Arrowshark products

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 04:47 PM
pcg33k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arrowshark products

Are the arrowshark products any good? Anybody purchase them?
Old 07-09-2009, 05:16 PM
ExpresscraftLisa

Default RE: Arrowshark products

Never heard of them sorry what are you looking for
Old 07-09-2009, 05:27 PM
sportster445

I have a few of the vee hulls. They run really nice and the layup is very good.
pushed a few over 60 and upper 50's in race trim.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56997.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	1232754   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73532.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	1232755  
Old 07-09-2009, 06:31 PM
dicko

I've raced against a few, the hulls seem up to the task. I haven't seen their hardware in person though, the ones I raced against were fitted out with non Arrowshark hardware.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:14 PM
pcg33k

Here's a link to there site. I was looking at this product seems like a cool idea anybody try it?
Here's one of their boats http://arrowshark.com/fighter.php
Here's a link to their estarter which seems like a cool idea for the boater who doesn't race. Scroll down to E-Starter.
http://arrowshark.com/new%20product.php
Old 07-09-2009, 10:19 PM
pcg33k

I found some videos on youtube of arrowshark fighter catamaran running.
http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f
Old 07-10-2009, 01:46 AM
3ns

The cats n vees seem to be ok. Have a fellow boater here who has converted the fighter to electric. Runs well in the straights but not well in her tuns. That is maybe due to the weight distrubution. But stay away from the Octanes. Another boater just got it and all he has been having are heartaches. The hull seem to be too soft that you can feel the heat of the pipe when you touch it from the outside. Had some issues about his engines but have since solved them. The service seems to be good as they respond to your mails and orders fast. Infact the guy there (Johnny) seems to be very helpfull. He helped replace the engine and some spares within a week.

Just my observation.

3ns
Old 07-10-2009, 03:03 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If his hull seems soft due to heat id say its more of a problem with not enough cooling air into and out of the hull rather than a problem with the hull itself.These pipes run very hot even when water cooled,you still need lots of cooling air to help remove the heat from the pipe and the boat itself.You motor will also thank you for letting it breath and you will see better performance.As for the E starter the price tag outways its usefullness for me im afraid,in fact id say anyone with some mechanical skills could make one themselves for much less ,well i know its been done more than once ive seen a few on the forums.Id rather spend my $200 on another motor.
Mart
[link]http://cgi.ebay.com/Arrow-Shark-2009-Onboard-E-Starter_W0QQitemZ260416123012QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRa dio_Control_Vehicles?hash=item3ca202b084&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A30[/link]
Old 07-10-2009, 06:50 AM
Dreamin Hemi

I personally like the looks of the hardware, always have. Moparbob, a member here used an entire mono package when he was building his DavetteSS from Dana. The pictures he showed looked very nice. However he DID have an issue with the drive dog snaping off the little ears on the maiden. Aside from that little problem, all seemed good.

Oh in regards to that electric starter. I'm one that always has liked the bling-bling....I was planing on buying that when I build my Nemesis for myself next month if the builds for others ever slow down. Yes, that's really a cool gadget, remote starting.....I gotta have one! I don't race, don't really care to (yet). Just enjoy having fun on the water without rules and stress.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:36 AM
black talon
My Feedback: (5)

they say the starter motor can spin 25000 rpm,who needs a gas motor.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:51 PM
01VIPER27
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I own that Fighter from L27. Some parts of the hull has weak spots but nothing that cannot be reached and strenghtened with another layer of glass. The only draw back was that the original prop shaft is not salvageable when the flex shaft breaks, so I replaced it with a custom fitted shaft and ferrule.

The stock Zenoah Clone Engine performs well but I have retired it for parts for the new Zenoah G260 PUM I bought for when it breaks down. I used all the Red CNC parts from the clone to dress up my Zen. Other than that the boat performs well in its original form.

Adding 2 - .5" x 5.5" galvanized wood screws stuffed inside a poole noodle in each sponson way up front stabilizes the Fighter during hard turns. The amazing thing that I have noticed about this cat is that when it barrel rolls off a turn or blows over for whatever reason, is that it tends to skim on its canopy and rights itself up to continue its course just like learnerquize's video on you tube.

The arrow shark hardware and pipes are very awsome and clean cut. Johnny Zhu is also amazing to deal with.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:41 PM
pcg33k

Overall it doesn't sound like these boats are all that bad. I like the hulls they look cool maybe my next purchase. Could have used the e-starter today on my avenger.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:32 AM
noahdear
My Feedback: (2)

That poiple one looks identical to the Delta Force hulls. Quite a few club guys run them and they are quite fast and stable with modded 260 zenoahs.
There's several videos of them at our club web page www.bmmc.info
Old 07-11-2009, 03:04 AM
brodjack

Yes these hulls sure look the biz. some great videos on that link Noahdear,thanks for posting.
somebody keeps telling me these Delta Force type hulls 'aint stable,the vids i've seen disprove it though.LOL
heres mine;
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98227.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	1233713  
Old 07-11-2009, 04:18 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: brodjack

Yes these hulls sure look the biz. some great videos on that link Noahdear,thanks for posting.
somebody keeps telling me these Delta Force type hulls 'aint stable,the vids i've seen disprove it though.LOL
heres mine;
SO how many times have you flipped those two Brod .Stability i supose is relative to what conditions they run in and how fast,under 55 they seem fine ,above that most say not especially in race conditions or rough water.No doubting how fast they are though.
Mart
Old 07-11-2009, 06:09 AM
brodjack

Well yes Mart,flipped 'em lots of times[8D] but running in calm water on its own is sure different to running with a handful of other fast boats especially in a limited size area lake.Lots of other guys will tell you that too Try it mate you'll soon see
A boat running on the edge most of the time,for me, is much more fun than a slow stable boat,and fun is what its all about 'aint it..

PCG33K,Jacks(my sons) boat came with Arrowshark motor mounts,the rubber mounts were a bit soft and quickly ripped in use,i replaced them with thicker harder ones and were ok then.The motor is very easy to remove with the Arrowshark mount.
I also have a Cat style header from them,nicely finished product too.
Brod..
Old 07-11-2009, 08:33 AM
MalaysianFlyer

Just for info, I recently stripped down one of their motors (which belongs to a friend). It looks very very similar (95%) to a QuickDraw inside, but they appear to have had some accuracy problems with their machining. The drive dog snapping its ears is also something we have seen over here. Apart from that their other hardware is very nice, and their hulls are very attractve.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:42 PM
dicko

ORIGINAL: martno1fan

ORIGINAL: brodjack

heres mine;
SO how many times have you flipped those two Brod .Stability i supose is relative to what conditions they run in and how fast,under 55 they seem fine ,above that most say not especially in race conditions or rough water.No doubting how fast they are though.
Mart
Gotta say the one I've raced against was as fast as the rest of the boats on the course and was as stable as any other boat on the coarse. It's very similar to the delta force which is also very similar to many other boats that have copied it and no one complains about their stability, especially the bigger name brand hulls. Also a course race boat won't often see speeds much more than 57 - 58 mph, pushing past 60mph on a mono isn't really necessary in a racing hull. I wouldn't have an issue buying this hull or the Delta Force hull. I was going to buy the Delta Force sniper before I found a local hull I liked better.

Any hull is only as stable as it's been rigged to run. These hulls are no different. Heck, a Seaducer is one of the worst hulls around if set up wrong, and even when set up right I've seen them dunk for no reason. But they are fast & win plenty odf races too.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:43 AM
brodjack

Good post Dicko,we tried a 7015/3 on our Arrowshark type hulls last nite.Big differance in speed and handling even on pretty windy choppy waters.
My 47" was having motor problems,but my sons 45" ,http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/45-Fiber-glass...C294%3A30,with a midly modded motor was hitting high 50's maybe 60 with the new prop,it could go full on even round the corners.No turn fins or trim tabs,Very fast,nice boats for the money.
Its all in the setup..
Brod..
Old 07-13-2009, 02:55 AM
dicko

I run a 7040/3 on my mono, I get it to 58mph in race trim & it was stable & turns like it is on rails. I can easily get it over 60, but I'd rather finish the race.

edit - that's 70mm diameter by 4.0" pitch.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:05 AM
brodjack

We'll have to try one of those props too.We've only ever bothered running stuff like X470's and X467's.
The 7015/3 was quite a shock in performance,lightening fast out of the hole.
Plus it tended to keep the nose down at speed,i think last nite was the only nite we have not seen our hulls upside down.
I totally agree though,55 is plenty with a lake full of boats[8D]
All good fun.
Brod..
Old 05-19-2010, 09:08 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

I was going through this site at Arrowshark and their Hydro looks just like the Insane Generation 2 Hull
looks like a sweet motor kinda like a QD 25
http://www.arrowshark.com/Xhydro.php
I think this could be a cheaper way for me to have a decent sport Hydro and one I could take to the races to see how it does..
any thoughts from you Gasser guys?
Old 05-19-2010, 09:45 PM
MsDarla

Looks like a Venom KOS Gasser.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:55 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

the big cat does..
I'm after the 49" X-Hydro or the 46" Tsunami Pro
http://www.radiocontrol-2005.com/XHydro.php
http://www.radiocontrol-2005.com/Tsunami%20Pro.php
Old 05-20-2010, 12:21 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

The Tsunami at first glance appears to be a Stryker F-41 wannabe on top but the bottom is a lot different. The strut looks shaky to me.
Note that the pipe in the picture is upside down as you want the stinger on the bottom to help get excess oil out.
Forget the onboard starter, too many issues with it especially with bearings going bad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.