Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

My Dilema

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 06:13 PM
PEERPSI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Dilema

So my PB BJ55 hull is damaged and I don't feel that it is worth repairing.

Problem is the hull became damaged while my new CC Powermaster 2" band was sitting at Customs.

So now I have a CC engine and pipe and need a hull to fit it in.

The hull I would like to use has very little freeboard in comparrison and so it needs a pipe with 25 degree drop from the exhaust port.

The CC system uses 1" OD pipe and they don't have any drop pipes available that I'm aware of.

What I need is a hull that will allow me to use this engine/mounts/pipe combination and is esthitically pleasing.

I like the CT03 or Mystic 5000 but both are a little on the big side and require dual engines to drive them properly.

Ideally the hull would be >45" in length but <65".

Ideas?
Old 07-25-2009, 06:36 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: My Dilema

Thunderboat?
Old 07-25-2009, 06:38 PM
PEERPSI

I like catamarans, deep V would be next best but I have a tough time looking at them. Thunderboats, F1 tunnels, hydros and riggers might appeal to some but for me just the big cats!

Give my a mystic 5000 with twin turbines and I'd go away happy.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:24 PM
illiniboater
My Feedback: (1)

Couldn't you return/exchange the 1" header & pipe combo for a 7/8" Powermaster combo? I'm sure it would cost ya with shipping and all but at least you would have more header options with that setup.

Did you look at the Aeromarine's Avenger or Conquest? They are a little smaller than your looking for but not by much. How about Expresscraft MTI? Not sure your setup would push it. Seems like most guys are running QD's or an inline in that hull but I could be wrong. It's a good lookin boat though.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:19 PM
jacob711

nemesis cat?

surely you could modify the header if need be, cut and shut it
Old 07-26-2009, 12:36 PM
rcguy1411

go to plum krazy boat they have a lot of cats in the 50" to 60" range i like the 60 " mti cat myself it will be my next project
Old 07-26-2009, 01:15 PM
PEERPSI

ORIGINAL: jacob711

nemesis cat?

surely you could modify the header if need be, cut and shut it
To get a properly built bespoke header for the CC 2" band pipe wouldn't save much money. I'd be smarter to cut my losses and get the BH Hanson that Scott uses.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:18 PM
PEERPSI

ORIGINAL: rcguy1411

go to plum krazy boat they have a lot of cats in the 50'' to 60'' range i like the 60 '' mti cat myself it will be my next project
Looked at those boats, not a big fan of them especially around the transom area. Also they all seem to use 180 pipes bent forward then back to fit just a 0 band pipe. My 2" would never work.

If I were going single engine the Nemisis seems to be my favourite. For twins the CT03 on a budget Mystic 5000 if the wifes busy looking the other way!

That said I don't think my pipe would work in either.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:23 PM
PEERPSI

ORIGINAL: illiniboater

Couldn't you return/exchange the 1'' header & pipe combo for a 7/8'' Powermaster combo? I'm sure it would cost ya with shipping and all but at least you would have more header options with that setup.

Did you look at the Aeromarine's Avenger or Conquest? They are a little smaller than your looking for but not by much. How about Expresscraft MTI? Not sure your setup would push it. Seems like most guys are running QD's or an inline in that hull but I could be wrong. It's a good lookin boat though.
Checked twice now on the CC site and they only offer pipes with 1" OD headers. They do sell 7/8" headers for other branded pipes.

I guess I'll give them a call Monday and plead my case. With any luck I can either return it or best case obtain a custom header. Doubtful on the custom part though as I approached them about a custom engine mount and was turned down.