Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

maxcat questions

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

maxcat questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 02:30 AM
loppol60

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default maxcat questions

hi guys.im planning to build a 50" maxcat.my question is what kind of hardware shall i get?i want it to be cheap and preferably as a kit so eg a rudder and a drive.thanks.i am planning to power it with a zen or a sikk engine [&:]this will be my first boat so .....HELP lool
Old 07-30-2009, 05:01 PM
Mr.Freeze

Default RE: maxcat questions

Good luck on your first build! you have a couple of different options when it comes to buying hardware. Ware house hobbies has some inexpensive injection molded pieces that are price conscious, and it looks like they are offering a strut drive assembly as well. Give them a call and I'm sure they can help you. You also have Aeromarine, who offers completehardware packages, again if you give them a call they can set you right up. Both companties offer good deals depending on what you are looking for. I too am about to start a maxcat build so if you need any help or have questions about anything feel free to shoot me a pm, be glad to help. Best advice I can give you is ask a ton of questions.
Again good luck on your build, keep us posted.

Stan
Old 07-31-2009, 01:21 AM
loppol60

thanks for your help.another question.if lets say i lenghten the hull by 30" and widen it by 15",will it perform well?because altghough its longer and wider the floats are of same height.i hope this pic explains better(thats not my maxcat ...i dont know to who it belongs [&:])oh and because of the larger size...a small change of plan.it will be powered by twin zen/sikk similar engines
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19745.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	1246923   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tk76530.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	1246924  
Old 07-31-2009, 05:12 AM
Mr.Freeze

I replied to your pm before seeing this post, will it float and move forward sure thing but performing is another issue. there is a balance between down force and lift when dealing with a cat, simply widening and stretching will be a hit or miss. A better approach would be to scale the plans up so all aspects ratios coincide. Then you may be able to put a zen in each sponson and keep your center of gravity low.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:16 AM
loppol60

hi,i decided to build a 72" mono instead as being my first boat,i prefer not to mess with the plans but thanks anyway