Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

apache build....south florida

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

apache build....south florida

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 07:12 PM
harogts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default apache build....south florida

hello everyone, im going to start a new build, an expresscraft apache. im looking for a good place here or near miami,fl. that do custom paint jobs and some minor fiberglass finishing. ive tried a few local boat shops, but no luck. i appreciate any leads. thanks jean
Old 08-16-2009, 01:40 AM
harogts

Default RE: apache build....south florida

ive been reasearching about finding the cog, im alittle confused. my apache is 70" so 30% would be 21", so 21" from the transom. now is that where i mount the motor. then balance the boat and thats my true cog..... or balance it at 21" and shift the motor around to keep the cog at 21".....what happens if your cog is to far foward or backwards ?
Old 08-16-2009, 02:33 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

COG is the Center of gravity - the balance point of the hull. Once complete the boat should balance at that location. Keeping this in mind you should plan your placement of items around that point.

Personally I dont tear my hair out too much to hit the precice number. As a rule the COG will be anywhere from 29%-34% and will vary based on the hull etc. Achieving good balance will provide an optimal ride attitude. Weight too far forward will keep the bow wet which will rob speed and can increase the chance of the boat spinning out (Among other symptoms). Weight too far back and the boat will be too flighty and will be more difficult to control.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:54 AM
harogts

alright , good it, thanks
Old 08-16-2009, 07:22 PM
specialk1

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: harogts

hello everyone, im going to start a new build, an expresscraft apache. im looking for a good place here or near miami,fl. that do custom paint jobs and some minor fiberglass finishing. ive tried a few local boat shops, but no luck. i appreciate any leads. thanks jean
i think i can help you on you paint job . pm me with a phone # im local to you ,.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39772.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	1257390   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr55537.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	1257391  
Old 09-01-2009, 04:29 PM
harogts

Thanks to Ken from Amps International hobbies, aka specialk1, he took care of my painting issue. SICK!!! I can't wait til my next build, to see what they'll do next. i havent made up my mind on motors and drive set up. but i'll keep updating my progress

Name:	Wu59598.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	1267160   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up47766.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	1267161   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze85234.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	1267162   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ha79435.jpg
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	1267163   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ju13635.jpg
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	1267164  
Old 09-01-2009, 04:33 PM
harogts

Thanks to Ken from Amps International hobbies, aka specialk1, he took care of my painting issue. SICK!!! I can't wait til my next build, to see what they'll do next. i havent made up my mind on motors and drive set up. but i'll keep updating my progress

Name:	Wu59598.jpg
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	1267165   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up47766.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	1267166   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze85234.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	1267167   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ha79435.jpg
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	1267168   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ju13635.jpg
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	1267169  
Old 09-01-2009, 06:24 PM
PEERPSI

If it were me I'd build the boat with centre of gravity at maximum % say 35. That way your flex shaft, stuffing tube, water lines etc. can be shortened if need be. Pretty tough to add length if you start at the other end of COG!

Nice paint job, what's the price on something like that?
Old 09-01-2009, 07:58 PM
illiniboater
My Feedback: (1)

That paint turned out awesome. Very nice work specialk1!
Old 09-02-2009, 12:58 AM
apache 56

mate you have a great looking boat there ,
would any one be able to pm or tell me how to paint the wet water look like on the green on this hull. i once got told by somone how to do this pint affect but for the life of me i cant remember how to do it.
or what way to achieve that finish.
again mate looks like one nice bout you will have there .. good work to who ever painted that... great job..
Old 09-02-2009, 11:27 AM
FlogginHarvey

ORIGINAL: specialk1

i think i can help you on you paint job . pm me with a phone # im local to you ,.

Ken, that paint turned out sweet. You are quite the Sand Bag! I had no idea you had such skills with the gun!!!!
Old 09-02-2009, 01:16 PM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looking Good

Ryan
Old 09-02-2009, 08:17 PM
specialk1

ORIGINAL: apache 56

mate you have a great looking boat there ,
would any one be able to pm or tell me how to paint the wet water look like on the green on this hull. i once got told by somone how to do this pint affect but for the life of me i cant remember how to do it.
or what way to achieve that finish.
again mate looks like one nice bout you will have there .. good work to who ever painted that... great job..
im glad you all like the paint job as far as the wet look ... well 3 hours in a paint booth with a water spray bottle to get that wet look . a light spray with the bottle and a light hit with the gun .. 3 to 4 time in the same spot then let dry then do it all over if your local come see me next weekend at the miami race 11th & 12 th you can check out some of the other paint jobs on other hulls . http://namba3.net/schedule.html

Name:	Tr50625.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	1267708   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71104.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	1267709  
Old 09-02-2009, 08:46 PM
apache 56

[/quote] im glad you all like the paint job as far as the wet look ... well 3 hours in a paint booth with a water spray bottle to get that wet look . a light spray with the bottle and a light hit with the gun .. 3 to 4 time in the same spot then let dry then do it all over if your local come see me next weekend at the miami race 11th & 12 th you can check out some of the other paint jobs on other hulls . http://namba3.net/schedule.html
[/quote]

mate could you tell me is that acrylic or enamel paint used. so im gessing you paint ed on the back ground color the once dryed . aply the water mist and spray again what color ?, and then do you wait again and repeat till the finished look. also do you dry it out under heatlamps in the booth>? and then clear coat it.

mate ill like to come to see your paint jobs . but in down under in oz dont think the g/f would be to happy with me splashing out on a airplane ticket to the states ...lol..
cheers..
Old 09-03-2009, 08:59 AM
specialk1

im glad you all like the paint job as far as the wet look ... well 3 hours in a paint booth with a water spray bottle to get that wet look . a light spray with the bottle and a light hit with the gun .. 3 to 4 time in the same spot then let dry then do it all over if your local come see me next weekend at the miami race 11th & 12 th you can check out some of the other paint jobs on other hulls . http://namba3.net/schedule.html
[/quote]

mate could you tell me is that acrylic or enamel paint used. so im gessing you paint ed on the back ground color the once dryed . aply the water mist and spray again what color ?, and then do you wait again and repeat till the finished look. also do you dry it out under heatlamps in the booth>? and then clear coat it.

mate ill like to come to see your paint jobs . but in down under in oz dont think the g/f would be to happy with me splashing out on a airplane ticket to the states ...lol..
cheers..
[/quote]
LOL i will pm you the steps dont worry, im planing some trips down your way next year thats how im going to spend my down time during my wold tour. to run 1/4 gas F1 "s like to meet some of the chap's if met here on rcu i have my new AMPs 1/4 F1 hulls coming out jan 2010
Old 09-04-2009, 11:46 AM
quicksilver78

hey since your in miami http://floridarcmarina.proboards.com/index.cgi
Old 09-04-2009, 10:36 PM
apache 56

ORIGINAL: specialk1

im glad you all like the paint job as far as the wet look ... well 3 hours in a paint booth with a water spray bottle to get that wet look . a light spray with the bottle and a light hit with the gun .. 3 to 4 time in the same spot then let dry then do it all over if
LOL i will pm you the steps dont worry, im planing some trips down your way next year thats how im going to spend my down time during my wold tour. to run 1/4 gas F1 ''s like to meet some of the chap's if met here on rcu i have my new AMPs 1/4 F1 hulls coming out jan 2010
[/quote]

cheers mate idd like to check out your hulls and look at getting one down here. mate would be great to catch up with you if you ever get over to perth western austalia. do you have a web site . with your boats. etc.pricing or whats avalable etc....
im very keen to try out that wet look paint job. on my 1/4 scale speedway cars also....