Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Zenoah 26 oil mix

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Zenoah 26 oil mix

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 10:19 PM
boricuawarior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zenoah 26 oil mix

Hi, I got a cat with a stock zenoah 26 that I finish building and I need to know how much oil and wich brand I need.
Thanks
Old 08-17-2009, 12:41 AM
Silent-AV8R

Default RE: Zenoah 26 oil mix

Any good synthetic oil at 8 to 10 ounces per gallon of gas. I break mine in with 1 gallon on 10 ounce per gallon Lawn-Boy ashless petroleum-based oil. I use Amsoil Dominator synthetic after that. Pots of guys like Honda HP2. You'll get a thousand posts swearing up and down that this oil or that oil is better, but in the end any good quality synthetic is fine. 8 to 10 ounces is the ticket as well.

Then go burn gas!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Lawn-Boy-oz-2-.../dp/B000BXOGM4
Old 08-17-2009, 04:39 AM
dicko

You want to make sure the oil has some sort of wet weather use designed into it. Not all synthetic oils are good, for example castrol TTS will score your piston if you ingest a little water, but Castrol A747 is ideal. I personally run 20:1 in all my engines using castrol A747 & regular pump gas. The Castrol A747 is good in case you drop a cooling line too, it helps prevent your engine siezing from over heating at the exhaust port. It was designed for running go-carts in wet conditions.

Honda HP2 is also widely used, but I'm not sure of it's properties having never read the label.

Don't use high octane gas, the engines aren't designed for it & all you will do is heat up your engine too much.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:00 AM
chief3452

If you are breaking in your engine you might consider a non-synthetic lubricant to ensure proper piston ring seating. My mix is 6 oz. BelRay + 2 oz. Klotz castor to 1 gallon of regular gas. After break in I plan on switching to a synthetic oil like Honda HP2 or Klotz Techniplate. Alot of guys run Amsoil and have great results too, just don't use cheap outboard oil or something from the auto aisle at a department store. Good luck,

Scott
Old 08-17-2009, 09:17 AM
monsterbrad

I run 6 oz Klotz synthetic to every gallon and have no issues
I run the 5T and the Enforcer this way they both love that oil and I like the way it smells
Old 08-17-2009, 10:08 PM
wildman51

I have a zen with a m5 upgrade Tony at WHH suggest using amsoil saber in his modded engines 6 oz to the gallon he has it for 12.00 a quart
Old 08-19-2009, 03:12 AM
SH.18

Use 35:1 oil fuel mixture using fully synthetic high performance 2 stroke race oil.