Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Miss Geico RC Model - with turbines!

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Miss Geico RC Model - with turbines!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 09:35 AM
akaxauto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miss Geico RC Model - with turbines!

I was checking out videos of miss geico when I found the most awesome RC boat I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YIWRqWIc38
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3z70...eature=related

Check out these 2 videos.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:56 AM
monsterbrad

Default RE: Miss Geico RC Model - with turbines!

We are all into fast electric boats we meaning americans and the germans are building scale Turbines
what does that say for us
AWESOME though
Old 08-21-2009, 10:04 AM
akaxauto

I'm into electric too- its less work and for the most part cheaper-, but if someone walked up to me and offered me a turbine powered boat i would have a hard time saying no.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:11 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: monsterbrad

We are all into fast electric boats we meaning americans and the germans are building scale Turbines
what does that say for us
AWESOME though
Scratching my head at that comment - not sure I agree that the US is anywhere near as dedicated or committed to Electrics as the europeans have been.

US has been into gas while Europeans have been running a mix of gas and electrics. Indeed the Europeans have now stepped it up a notch with turbines.

But it is an odd comment you have made above for the simple fact that the Geico clips are of an AMERICAN build.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:43 PM
monsterbrad

The drive unit's are made over there
and Geico has too much money
Old 08-21-2009, 02:12 PM
akaxauto

Geico has way too much money

Old 08-21-2009, 03:02 PM
Justaddwata

Boat was not built by Geico - just a fellow modeller who wanted to show the team his model boat. The Geico race team is not owned by Geico - It is owned by John Haggin and sponsored by Geico.

Drive units, turbines, and hull were made over "there" if you want to be particular. Radio was made in Asia. Not much made in the US - can be said of most products you find these days.

Spent a weekend with the team 2 years ago where my Phil and I displayed a boat he built (and I now own). I know you may find it hard to believe but it is not electric (even though we are in the US) - http://imageevent.com/justaddwata/lirace

I wish there were more guys out there as generous as the Geico team.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:58 PM
Solostunters

Justadd sorry to bring this up from a long time ago, what hull is that and do you still have the boat by chance? The guy is this pic is from the show build it bigger, he did a story on the geico team, they gave me the DVD of it which I still have, they are great people...

http://imageevent.com/justaddwata/li...=0&w=4&s=0&z=4
Old 04-05-2014, 11:59 PM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe Matt sold the Miss Geico a year or so back.
Mart
Old 04-06-2014, 02:54 AM
Justaddwata

The Hull is a HPR 233 (2.33 meters long) Cat from Hanspeter Rotschi - Swiss Model Boat Team http://www.hpr-powerboats.com/products/hpr-233/. I believe the hull is now being sold under license by a guy on E-bay http://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-Boat-huge...item2a2efc94b7. Sure cheaper and easier than shipping it from Europe!!

Indeed it is Danny Forster in the picture. He was following the team around as part of the Build It Bigger show for the Geico episode though I don't believe any filming was done at that particular race. Was not a bad documentary - Though Danny seems to over dramatize everything. Indeed I cannot fault the generosity and hospitality of the entire Geico team. Very friendly and humble people. Still very much in touch with their fans.

Scotty Begovitch (Throttleman) has been known to frequent some of the RC boat forums as a member and make the occasional comment. A few years back Marc Granet (Driver) e-mailed me some renderings of a new paint scheme they were considering - I didn't ask for them, he just thought I might be interested (how nice was that!!). Marc has uploaded a number of youtube videos that are worth a look if you have not seen them. https://www.youtube.com/user/fasterdad (I remain a fan of the team)

As Mart mentioned - I unfortunately/reluctantly sold the boat 12-2011 to a guy in St John/USVI. Unfortunately I have not seen or heard about her since.

Last edited by Justaddwata; 04-06-2014 at 02:58 AM.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:02 AM
Solostunters

Originally Posted by Justaddwata
The Hull is a HPR 233 (2.33 meters long) Cat from Hanspeter Rotschi - Swiss Model Boat Team http://www.hpr-powerboats.com/products/hpr-233/. I believe the hull is now being sold under license by a guy on E-bay http://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-Boat-huge...item2a2efc94b7. Sure cheaper and easier than shipping it from Europe!!

Indeed it is Danny Forster in the picture. He was following the team around as part of the Build It Bigger show for the Geico episode though I don't believe any filming was done at that particular race. Was not a bad documentary - Though Danny seems to over dramatize everything. Indeed I cannot fault the generosity and hospitality of the entire Geico team. Very friendly and humble people. Still very much in touch with their fans.

Scotty Begovitch (Throttleman) has been known to frequent some of the RC boat forums as a member and make the occasional comment. A few years back Marc Granet (Driver) e-mailed me some renderings of a new paint scheme they were considering - I didn't ask for them, he just thought I might be interested (how nice was that!!). Marc has uploaded a number of youtube videos that are worth a look if you have not seen them. https://www.youtube.com/user/fasterdad (I remain a fan of the team)

As Mart mentioned - I unfortunately/reluctantly sold the boat 12-2011 to a guy in St John/USVI. Unfortunately I have not seen or heard about her since.
Im good freinds with Mary and Bruce who haul the boats and gear, they are coming to LOTO this year and I was promised a ride in the caveman boat and gonna try to get in the race boat if possible!! I talk to Marc at every boat show in st.louis he goes over everything on what they are doing to prepare for the upcoming race season. I can't express more of how much this team gives out to thier fans, they go above and beyond, you don't see many race teams do what they do, I have my miss geico signed by Marc and Scotty, a crew shirt they mailed me with all the signatures of the entire team on it, like I said GREAT people who are extremely nice and down to earth!!

I have seen seen that boat on eBay numerous times, I don't believe it is your actual old boat, I think it is radtek selling hulls as he has the rights from Hans Peter to build the 233 here in the states.

i have the DVD of build it bigger they did on miss geico, it is awesome the DVD is bout wore out from watching it so much!!!
Old 04-06-2014, 09:04 AM
Solostunters

Here are a few of my toys
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	1984573   Click image for larger version

Views:	56
Size:	225.8 KB
ID:	1984574   Click image for larger version

Views:	80
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	1984575   Click image for larger version

Views:	96
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	1984576  
Old 04-07-2014, 08:30 AM
danielplace

Have this twin turbine. She is up for sale.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:45 AM
Solostunters

PM sent