Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Rub-a-Dub-Dub Rio a Sub

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Rub-a-Dub-Dub Rio a Sub

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 09:05 PM
wildman51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rub-a-Dub-Dub Rio a Sub

Just got around to running my Rio/Zen m 5 mod and clutch been running fine with a little/lot of cavatation changed prop to 75mmx105 pitch fattened it up a bit and raised trim tabs best run yet the boat runs with about a 1/3 of boat out of water the zen unloads sweet fastest speed yet .let the son run it he is doing small circles and chops the water up really bad then does a all out pass and hits the chop as he turns right the boat gets air born does a barrel roll and lands up side down I got to it be for the zen drownds all electronics was dry as a bone draned the water outta the gas and was runnig again just got lucky I guess looking forward to doing it again.lol any suggestions on the trim tab settings and how to run all out crazy in the straights .thanks goys ........wild
Old 08-26-2009, 09:08 PM
wildman51

Default RE: Rub-a-Dub-Dub Rio a Sub

That should be guys lol
Old 08-26-2009, 09:32 PM
PEERPSI

Use the edit Luke!
Old 08-26-2009, 10:24 PM
01VIPER27
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Level out your trim tabs and drive with the keel and use a WWH 7016 3 blade prop. If you are using your stock exhaust pipe and exhaust flange, you will need to open up those babies out. Set your exhaust flange onto the exhaust port and look through the hole, dremel or file off the excess material off the flange so that both holes match up, then do the same for pipe opening. Dremel off the excess weld to open it up a bit or replace your pipe with a 7/8" SS header and pipe.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:44 AM
Xcesive8

What speed you get out of this setup?
Old 08-27-2009, 07:36 AM
01VIPER27
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the cleaned up header and flange on stock pipe using the M5 bolt on with 7016 3 blade prop = mid 40's
With Arrow Shark WTC pipe and flange that has been opened up to the M5 exhaust port = low 50's

I'm waiting on a 2" 90* header to test with another Arrow Shark pipe = I will post results here!
Old 08-27-2009, 11:35 PM
wildman51

Im using the pro wet pipe from WHH and its twice as fast as the rio stock pipe and header and not near as much trouble as a dry pipe heat is not our friend ...wild