Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

zenoah self destruct

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

zenoah self destruct

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 07:21 AM
Lee Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default zenoah self destruct

well i have 2.5 hours on a new stock zen with an 813 carb and a bonzi pipe i just installed last night after installing the pipe i went down to my pool and ran it a little the engine flooded and when i finally got it to start it seemed to run fine during running it a little in the pool i noticed a lot of water in the boat by the way did i mention that it was a little tough to pull over the first couple of times maybe 3 or 4 i got a flashlight and saw the waterwas coming from around the cooling jacket on the pipe water is also getting into the pipe once i came inside i noticed there was a lot of grey thick and milky substance in the pipe i am assuming it is metal shavings and maybe the comp ring let loose the only weird thing is that the boat will start and run fine in the pool have not run it with any high rpm or a load on it yet. think the zen may have seen its last days any advise or insight running 32:1 mix like the book called for and have noticed that a lot of people run a lot more oil help please!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-30-2009, 08:36 AM
PEERPSI

Default RE: zenoah self destruct

Grey thick milky substance is oil mixed with water. 32:1 is what Proboat states in their manuals but most run 25 or 20 to 1. Sounds like you may have leaky O-rings at the exhaust.

Plug the exit hole for the exhuast cooling with your finger while you blow in the supply line. If it does not pressurize and air escapes there is your culprit. Also check the system that cools the cylinder head.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:40 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need a mix of arround 16-1 or at least 20-1 which is arround 8 -6 oz respectively.Sounds to me like you just have a leaking o ring or rings the milky substance is just the water mixed with the oil thats all dont worry.Your motor is fine just stop the leak ,try some new o rings i prefer the black viton ones to the soft red silicone ones they last longer and make a better seal in my experience.
Mart
ps peerpsi beat me to it lol
[link]http://www.csgnetwork.com/oilfuelcalc.html[/link]
Old 08-30-2009, 10:43 AM
Lee Racing

thanks

Old 08-30-2009, 11:09 AM
nothinbetr2do

ORIGINAL: martno1fan

[link]http://www.csgnetwork.com/oilfuelcalc.html[/link]
that's a great chart, thanks for posting a link to it. i added it to my favorites
Old 08-30-2009, 06:26 PM
painman

Motor should be fine, most of us have had to deal with the same problem at one time or another. The pipe hasn't sealed and allowing the water either from your pump or pickup to enter into the pipe and will even end up in the motor making it hard to pull over. After you have installed new seals, follow the above instructions on how to test to make sure your new seals are air tight by blowing throught the water cooling line to the exhaust, if still leaking try a new header as some are smaller than others.

Good Luck;

Randy[sm=shades_smile.gif]