Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Help !!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 10:10 AM
nickj3694

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help !!!

Hi guys, i'm new to RC boats and have seen these on Ebay , has anyone got one and do they look worth buying ?? Please help me out with honest opinions
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RACE-BOAT-RADI...item5883a7c574
Old 10-17-2009, 10:24 AM
pokaplaya22
My Feedback: (22)

Default RE: Help !!!

my honest opinion would be stay away, you will save yourself a great deal of time, and probably money in the long-run. If you want to get started in gas boats, I recommend something like a warehouse hobbies gator or super G, they are bulletproof, and very reliable. I bought an older used model for around $350 with a modded engine. If you want new, they have the model in kit form, wher all the holes are drilled and you mount everything, real simple. Its a great way to get started as I did.[link]http://9x4br.64n2f.servertrust.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=28[/link]
Old 10-17-2009, 11:12 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome to the forum Nick.

As already mentioned - your in for a boat load of disappointment there. I have not got one and know of anyone who has one. Reason is that I dont think anyone who knows any better would buy one.
Motor alone is just not up to task. 1.5hp and 6000 rpm. A stock Zenoah is near 3hp and 16000rpm (I mention the zenoah as it is the benchmark motor for the hobby). You would (in short order) find failure after failure - by the time you fix everything that needs fixing you would have spent more $$ than if you purchased quality new.

I know you will be able to find a significantly better boat gently used. You probably wont find a cheaper new boat - but you probably wont find a worse new boat either.

By all means let us know if we can help in your quest.

Certainly a budget friendly way to get your start in the hobby may be to build a kit - http://www.zippkits.com It will take some work and a little skill but with winter coming you will have time to build.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:48 AM
pyro1

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Just not worth the trouble & frustration this type of purchase will carry.
You may want to check out this sites buy & sell section. There are some fine used boats there.

pyro1
Old 10-18-2009, 08:22 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nick as said dont do it,if you dont mind building your own boat from a bare hull by installing your own motor and hardware then let me know as i build hulls .Pm me for details as im not allowed to speak prices on here but heres a few pics.Not had any complaints regards quallity or performance,if set up correctly she handles very well especially in some chop.
Mart
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58605.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	1297368   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yu63335.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	1297369   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze86158.jpg
Views:	9