Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

ENFORCER OWNERS ~~ This is your thread

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

ENFORCER OWNERS ~~ This is your thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 10:55 PM
Lord Maccrage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ENFORCER OWNERS ~~ This is your thread

Thanks guys. I also had another question. Most of the full size boats that I run go about 40 to 45 mph. If I want to be controlling the boat from my boat and I really want to pull ahead just to showoff, How do I make that boat go into the upper 40's, or even 50's if that is possible? What is the biggest engine you guys have heard of that has been put in this boat? Twins ever?
Old 12-31-2009, 07:05 AM
pyro1

It would be very hard or even impossible to fit twins in a 57. The modded RCMK might take you to 45mph. As for high 40s to 50 mph I doubt it greatly. You could ask Tony to make a lightened hull special lay up. He has done this before. My Silex is lightened for racing.

pyro1
Old 12-31-2009, 09:45 AM
afitzgerald1080

I do believe that Tony is working on a Twin Engine set up, I'm sure if you talk to him he would love to work with you on that. They are really good with the customer service and he likes to try new things.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:06 AM
chaparral 97

ORIGINAL: pyro1

It would be very hard or even impossible to fit twins in a 57. The modded RCMK might take you to 45mph. As for high 40s to 50 mph I doubt it greatly. You could ask Tony to make a lightened hull special lay up. He has done this before. My Silex is lightened for racing.

pyro1
I've already done 43.9 mph with a stock RCMK with a mis-matched exhaust port and boat running a little wet. After I match up the header / port and lift the bow I'm sure I'll get into high 40's. Then of course there is roughing up the back bottom of the hull to squeeze out the last few mphs. The ultimate goal is 50 or better on this hull. As a last resort I can always mod the engine. Also, this boat is slightly heavier than normal because Tony put an extra layer of fiberglass on the floor to protect against the chop where I live on the intracoastal.

Robbie
Old 12-31-2009, 11:35 AM
Lord Maccrage

What is the absolute biggest engine you can fit in the hull?
Old 01-01-2010, 06:55 PM
magnum57

I'm not sure if this will fit in the magnum57 but Toni is making 8hp twins. Call him and see if the Magnum57 can handle them. That will be an Awesome set up

What sets our in-line twin apart from the rest of the paired-up Zenoah's?

Unlike conventional mechanical engine coupling that is currently available and failing after short periods of use, company owner Tony C designed a simple and effective way to enable two disimilar crank shafts to be coupled as one allowing for the mechanical alignment discrepancies that are inevitable in the manufacturing process.

Our system couples the two engines with precision mount plates and the crank shafts remain independent of each other until both engines run upwards of 7000 RPM's, at which time they lock as one transferring both engines power to the front engines PTO / clutch. This coupling systems design has prompted many features such as; The ability to start the rear engine that automatically starts the front engine when increasing the throttle, The ability to shut one or the other engine off for low end or idle adjustments so there is only a single engine load and sound, The ability of restarting a stalled forward engine at will, or bringing the boat back to shore with only one or the other engine running. The single engine starting also lessens the force to the pull starter system, as it is only starting a single engine as designed.

The coupler is designed to be able to oscillate at 180 degree intervals so any mis-alignment is absorbed by this action minimizing coupler damage and wear.

The results are fantastic and the performance is the same. We are offering two version of this new engine that will be known as EZ520-V1, and EZ520-V2.

The V1 features stock Zenoah G260 engines at a combined HP output of 6
The V2 features our M5 modified Zenoah G260 engines at a combined HP of 8

In testing we have reached speeds upwards of 60 miles per hour in a new 60 inch Cat that will be available by early-mid summer 09. We have also tested the V2 version in our 76 inch Scarab turning a whopping X482 (82mm) prop like it wasn't even there at speeds close to 50 MPH!

At this time we are offering each version for sale for the experienced home model boat builder, and we also have designed customer water-cooled exhaust manifolds (as shown sold separately) that will enable you to use standard 3/4 inch copper plumbing pipe to construct your own custom exhaust system.

Both EZ520 Twin-line engines come factory assembled including 4-point CNC machined universal mounts with large 1 inch rubber mount pads. We also include a heavy duty centrifugal clutch with a 1/4 inch square female PTO. This method combined with our solder-less cable systems are much stronger than typical solder-joints and will outlast them hands down. If you do break a drive cable the replacement can be made in minutes right at the lake side.

We also supply the pulse ports for (2) water pumps (required). A common carburetor linkage is installed and included as well as a control arm mounted on the rear engines carburetor. We sell a Throttle cable kit if one is required.

Both the EZ520s unlike others on the market are sold inclusive of all of these features at an affordable price that only we can provide.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68614.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	1346710   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39959.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	1346711   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pl32680.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	1346712  
Old 01-02-2010, 07:54 AM
yamahatech

Man if times wasnt so bad I would love to put that in my boat and scoot around. One question though how do you make a custom cable at the lake if both ends are square? Am I missing something.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:41 AM
magnum57

If you do break a drive cable the replacement can be made in minutes right at the lake side. If you have a spare pre-made flex shaft.

Name:	Zw69514.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	1347133  
Old 01-02-2010, 08:57 AM
yamahatech

Makes sense just sounded like you could make your own.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:14 PM
magnum57

another Awesome time at the pond today just went for a couple of runs between honey doooooo's[:'(] never ending things to be done around the house this time of year[:'(] Jon u going tomorrow???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGbMk7Bha-w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g5swnVqUAo

Old 01-03-2010, 04:03 PM
magnum57

The Big Boys were at the pond today. We lost our signal and launched a mantaray at 40 mph into the rocks. The Enforcer boats are the tuffest hulls on the market. missed u guys today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ylyrg10kb8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AGwvxeWjFY

Name:	Vt56773.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	213.4 KB
ID:	1348462  
Old 01-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Jon DesJardins

ORIGINAL: magnum57

The Big Boys were at the pond today. We lost our signal and launched a mantaray at 40 mph into the rocks. The Enforcer boats are the tuffest hulls on the market. missed u guys today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ylyrg10kb8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AGwvxeWjFY
What the heck did I miss !?
Joe is Jimmy's boat not on 2.4 like ours yet?
Old 01-03-2010, 08:37 PM
magnum57

No Bro, it was terrible[&o] No 2.4 yet. No fail safe. Everything I learned, out the window. Stupid Me. Anyway we were running and he lost signal with his magnum 2PL and off it goes at 40mph for the other side of the lake three feet from a fisherman. Luckily he wasn’t hurt[X(] The boat not so lucky. Hull damage, prop damage, rudder damage, ect,etc Not pretty. We’ll have it back in action pretty quick I just could kick my self for allowing this to happen. I know better than launching a missile with out the proper safety precautions in place. Not what I wanted my son to experiance with his new rc boat under my watch[]

Old 01-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Jasontc31
My Feedback: (2)

I have a WHH Team Pro with a M5 motor and a RD1 single rudder. I am have a problem were I have to ease into the throttle very soft or the rear of the boat will walk out to one side. It also will do the opposite if I come off throttle to quick. My buddy has a 23cc super G and he does not have this issue. I am running a WHH stock 75mm prop and all settings are pretty neutral setting. I also have the WHH trim tabs and turn fins. Any help would be great. Thanks Jason
Old 01-03-2010, 09:46 PM
cheesewizz69

I would start with the prop. Make sure it is properly balanced and sharppened.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:24 AM
benckie

WHH stock 75mm 105mm 2 blade prop is not sharp its very wide wher the blade cuts into the water it will make the boat walk
Old 01-04-2010, 06:11 AM
JCAustralia

Hi Guys

Here is picture of mine, the Man O War. Does not seem to a very popular among the WHH buyers though..... No sure why..... But I love mine

Quick question to you guys: the propeller shaft has a lot of play (back and forward) in the stinger strut (about 1/2 inch) even with 4 teflon washers..... See the 2 pictures with the propeller shafts pushed forward and backward.

Do you guys have the same experience or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers

JC

Name:	Qo38816.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	1349008   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av67705.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	1349009   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm23781.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	1349010  
Old 01-04-2010, 08:34 AM
pyro1

Loosen the 2 set screws in the collar and move the collar & thrust washers forward towards the drive, allow about 1/64 clearance for movement. You should have 1/4 to 1/2 inch of the threaded shaft showing(beyond the nut) when the prop nut is tight.

Name:	Cz80128.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	1349043  
Old 01-04-2010, 07:46 PM
magnum57

i learned an important lesson last weekend about the rudders and the import ant’s of a balanced and sharpened prop. make sure your rudders are perfectly vertical and take a ruler and measure the distance from the stern to insure each rudder is the same distance at the bottom of the rudder. also make sure there as straight as possible by adjusting the cross bar on top of the rudders. also the surface drive adjustment is very important. invest in a good lightened balanced and of course polished prop and hang on
Old 01-04-2010, 10:19 PM
scott09
My Feedback: (1)

Just gatta ask, has anyone ever run a QD in a Mag or do those engines naturally take a step up in hull size?
I really dig the new "old school" offshoreMag version (one with driverscanopy)and just wondering about how a QD might work with that, hot pip under closedcanopy for starters....
....know it would take extra venting but, again, just wondering if anyone has ever set up a Mag hull with a QD.
Peace
Old 01-05-2010, 12:02 AM
afitzgerald1080

ORIGINAL: scott09

Just gatta ask, has anyone ever run a QD in a Mag or do those engines naturally take a step up in hull size?
I really dig the new ''old school'' offshore Mag version (one with drivers canopy) and just wondering about how a QD might work with that, hot pip under closed canopy for starters....
....know it would take extra venting but, again, just wondering if anyone has ever set up a Mag hull with a QD.
Peace [img][/img]

I tried a QuickDraw 25 cc in a 46" Super G, it was clearly to much for that boat to handle. I originally had it in my "Hell Cat" (60" Express Craft MTI Cat), that boat topped out @53 mph on a GPS. I just wanted to see if I could get the Super G in the 60 mph range. I found out the hard way (and after talking to Tony @ WHH) that the boat would need an extra layer of fiberglass to handle the enormous amounts of torque produced by that motor, and that goes for any Enforcer boat according to Tony. So, if you are going to do it make sure that you order a Quick Draw hull from Tony, he'll know what you mean. Or you can reinforce the stringers yourself, but I recommend that you do one of those things first.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:53 PM
chaparral 97

Well, here's a handy dandy little trick if you're sick and tired of watching your hatch on your Mag 57 erode and turn the gel coat to dust where ever it rubs - Electrical tape!
And it makes a fine pinstripe as well.
I should be getting my big ole 1000ml fuel bag from Funrcboats this week.
Robbie

Name:	Tr50184.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	1350191   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cy77498.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	1350192  
Old 01-05-2010, 08:00 PM
magnum57

AWESOME IDEA
Old 01-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Jon DesJardins

ORIGINAL: Jasontc31

I have a WHH Team Pro with a M5 motor and a RD1 single rudder. I am have a problem were I have to ease into the throttle very soft or the rear of the boat will walk out to one side. It also will do the opposite if I come off throttle to quick. My buddy has a 23cc super G and he does not have this issue. I am running a WHH stock 75mm prop and all settings are pretty neutral setting. I also have the WHH trim tabs and turn fins. Any help would be great. Thanks Jason
I wonder if it has to do with having the single rudder set-up on the Team Pro hull.
I know from the engine torque @ WOT my Team Pro walks a bit to one side but I bet with the single rudder it's even worse...

I have my drive unit level and the trim tabs are a bit down for stability. That helped mine out a great deal, Im running a stock prop also
Old 01-05-2010, 11:18 PM
Jon DesJardins

ORIGINAL: chaparral 97

Well, here's a handy dandy little trick if you're sick and tired of watching your hatch on your Mag 57 erode and turn the gel coat to dust where ever it rubs - Electrical tape!
And it makes a fine pinstripe as well.
I should be getting my big ole 1000ml fuel bag from Funrcboats this week.
Robbie
LOL, I have been using the waterproof tape from WHH on all 4 corners of my lid because of that same issue!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.