Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Aeromarine avenger pro

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Aeromarine avenger pro

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 02:41 PM
tallpauly
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aeromarine avenger pro

hey all I jus bought my first gas cat, a used avenger pro.. it needs a little tlc but should be good when done.. Things I need to find,,
where the pipe exits the boat theres a bracket on the back of the boat that holds it. There was a steel wire tied around the pipe and the bracket to hold it in place (that cant be right) when I clipped the wire the pipe know slides freely back and forth... was there rubber in there? if not do they make a thru hull pipe holder? plumcrazy rc boats is the only site that Ive found "exhaust tips" on and its kinda what im looking to do.. Also the motor is a hanson mod zenoha 260.. on the newer motors theres a primer ball on top of the carb, mine dosent have one, can you get just the plate with the ball in it? also the prop reads a b c h50 on it???? what does it stand for, more pitch =speed correct? thans for any help Paul
Old 02-21-2010, 02:46 PM
tallpauly
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Aeromarine avenger pro

one more thing.. a pipe silencer? the canister that slides over the end of the pipe.. It makes it less noisey correct? but does it reduce speed? any recomendations on one.. thanks again Paul
Old 02-22-2010, 07:22 AM
benckie

ABC H50 Propeller, 2.56" Dia. x 5.0" Pitch

there is a few difrent pipe mounts you can use

short

http://www.gizmomotors.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=56

long

or ad this and its extra long

i use a mix of the short and long together, with an added extra adjustemnt bar.

now i know you said yours was thru the hull but its basicly the same idea just shorter adjustment bars, but it all depends on your set up and your opipe and how the hole is cut, the muffler less noise, you would have to try it to see if there is any power loss and to see if its to noise or not

it realy pays to post up a few pictures to help guys see what your talking about, and so you can get advice on what your asking, i find hours of trolling the forims lookign at other people sets ups to see how its done and pick out what you like and dont like.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:17 PM
sandydr

tallpauly, post some pics so we can see the bracket holding the exhaust. I have a Aeromarine built one with all their hardware and can post pics if you need.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:37 PM
Johnnysplits

tallpauly -
You probably have a 257 carb. The primer bulb is not needed. Place your finger over the intake, pull the starter a few times until you get some gas on your finger. Now your ready to fire it up.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:23 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You wont get any power loss using an add on muffler .
Mart