Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

1/3 scale hydroplane Miss budweiser

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

1/3 scale hydroplane Miss budweiser

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 12:56 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by crapshooter
to set up for a large steering control on a model of that scale just like large r/c aircraft of 1/3 scale etc etc , you need to find a large size digital metal or titanium geared servo and buy 3 of them as these 3 servos will be needed to turn that size model . the servos will be mounted in - line via bellcrank conections as used with the large scale r/c aircraft . take a look at Desert Aircrafts website and you will see available set ups as i mentioned. only issue is when you go large you pay large.
Many ways to skin that cat. Not sure you need to pay large - just know what you are doing. Linear actuator servos and gearbox servo options have been around for years and are more than capable of controlling a model such as that (or real car for that matter).

This thing is currently on E-bay for $2k - so no paying large there either.
Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	2247514
Old 12-13-2017, 10:15 PM
crapshooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it is no doubt the cheapest way to supply high output servo power to large scale models such as the commonly used linear servo set ups as used in most large 3D model aircraft. one of my early Futaba radios came with linear servos not like the later rotory type as used these days. i wonder if a suitable prop was selected for that hydro in pic as we also had a large mono powered by a yamaha yz-80 cc 2 stroke years back but after testing and making up several props , it was just a no goer.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:16 PM
crapshooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

woops just spotted the jet drive [ no prop ]