Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Zenoah g26 temp?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Zenoah g26 temp?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 07:25 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Zenoah g26 temp?

I am wondering what the operating temp is for the G26 marine engine? I am planning on installing this marine version inside an airframe and want to pump water through a radiator utilizing the pump provided with one of the RTR boats on the market.
Also, would anyone know what the preferable temperature would be of the coolant running through this cooling system? Thanks for any info.

RP
Old 08-11-2010, 07:41 PM
Scott Schneider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Zenoah g26 temp?

Then run best HOT !! at near the point of blowing steam. 170/180 on cases is ideal.
Most however never run that hot and end up 130/150 or so.
Being used in a recirculated coolant application ... unless you can rig some sort of regulator/thermostat ... your dealing with a big unknown IMO
Old 08-11-2010, 11:31 PM
danielplace

ORIGINAL: vertical grimmace

I am wondering what the operating temp is for the G26 marine engine? I am planning on installing this marine version inside an airframe and want to pump water through a radiator utilizing the pump provided with one of the RTR boats on the market.
Also, would anyone know what the preferable temperature would be of the coolant running through this cooling system? Thanks for any info.

RP
Pretty sure those pumps(vacuum pulse operated RTR boat style) would never have enough flow to cool the engine at much more than idle regardless of how much radiator you had. Check out the size of fittings, hoses and pumps they have to run on water cooled go-peds, they are moving some water.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:43 AM
vertical grimmace

So the micro oscilating pump is just "assisting" the flow of water from the back of the boat? I have no boat engine experience, so I do not know how much force it takes to floe water over the jacket heads. The Outriggers do not even use a pump do they? Just prop blast into the little tube?
Would'nt the flow increase as throttle increased? Maybe not enough I guess. This airplane is big enough I could just install a motorized pump and turn it on when I run the engine. They even make pumped radiators.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:22 AM
Scott Schneider

ORIGINAL: vertical grimmace

So the micro oscilating pump is just ''assisting'' the flow of water from the back of the boat? I have no boat engine experience, so I do not know how much force it takes to floe water over the jacket heads. The Outriggers do not even use a pump do they? Just prop blast into the little tube?
Would'nt the flow increase as throttle increased? Maybe not enough I guess. This airplane is big enough I could just install a motorized pump and turn it on when I run the engine. They even make pumped radiators.

Use the SAME engine known as the G260 PU, uses the same top end just air cooled
Old 08-13-2010, 12:17 PM
vertical grimmace

I do not want it air cooled. It will need additional cooling I believe. I will use a small pump to flow the water through the head and radiators.